2. Lighting The Candle

I heard Dani and Max arguing over in Max's room so I got up to see what was going on. I walked in and saw Dani in her witch costume looking very annoyed. While Max lied on his bed who had the same amount of annoyance on his face.

"Don’t be such a crab!" Dani said crossing her arms.

"What's going on?" I asked as I walked into the room.

"Max won't take me trick-or-treating!" Dani accused.

"I said not this year, Dani!" Max argued.

"Mom said you have to!" Dani said turning her attention back to Max.

"Well she can take you!" Max said

"She and Dad are going to the party at Town Hall!" Dani informed.

"Well you’re eight, go by yourself" Max said with a scoff as he went over to his drum kit and started to play it.

"MAX! She's too young! Our world is too dangerous to just let her go alone!" I scolded.

"Fine! Then you take her!" Max said, obviously not caring one bit.

"I plan too! But you're coming with us!" I said sternly.

"Plus, This is my first time! I’ll get lost if I go alone. Besides, it’s a full moon outside. The weirdo’s are out!" Dani walked over to Max and hugged him "Come on, Max. Couldn’t you forget about being a cool teenager for one night? Please! Come on, we all used to have so much fun together trick-or-treating. Remember? It’ll be like old times!" Dani said, trying to convince the moody teenager next to her.

"Dani, the old days are dead!" Max said as he pushed her off of him.

"It doesn’t matter what you say, you’re taking me!" Dani said as she grew irritated with his child-like behavior.

"Wanna bet?" Max asked with a smirk. Dani pulled a smirk of her own before screaming.

"MOM!!"

*Time skip*

Dani cames bounding down the stairs with Max following sulkily. I was actually pretty excited. Dani and I were both dressed as witches. Even though, I didnt particularly believe in the old folk tale of the Sanderson Sisters, that doesn't mean that I don't like witches.

"Let’s go, hurry up. The bewitching hour’s about to begin!" Dad said in a 'spooky' voice. He turned to Dani and I. "That’s very scary, wow!" Dad said regarding our costumes. He then turned to Max looking confused. "What about you, Max, what are you supposed to be?"

"A rap singer" Max answered in a monotone voice.

"Oh, well your hat should be on sideways shouldn’t it?" Dad said as he turned Max's hat.

"Say Halloween!" Mom said as she walked up to us with a camera.

"Halloween!" Dad, Dani, and I said as Mom took the picture.

*Time skip*

Max was carting Dani around to different houses so she can go trick-or-treating. The people in Salem obviously love Halloween and it’s obvious in all the decorating that they do.

"Lighten’ up, Max!" I said with a smile.

"Can we go home now?" Max asked in annoyance.

"No!" Dani said. Max and I spotted Jay and Ice and some of their friends harassing the kids passing by for candy.

"Let’s just go this way" Max said, to which I nodded. Dani headed straight for Ice and Jay, ignoring Max. "Dani!"

"Ding ding. Ding ding" Ice said. He held up his leg so Dani couldn't pass by.