1. The Beginning

*3rd Person p.o.v*
*Time: 1693*
*Salem Village*

Thackary Binx is awoken by a gust of air by his window. He rubs his eyes sleepily and turns to wake up his sister... Only to realize she isn't there.

"Emily? Emily?!" He cries. From outside he can hear the sultry voice of Sarah Sanderson singing to the children of the village.

"Come little children, I’ll take thee away, into a land of enchantment…"

Thackary jumped out of the bed and stormed out of the house in a rush.

"Emily?"

"Come little children, the times come to play…" Thackary hurries to his close friends/neighbors house in search of his sister.

"Elijah! Elijah, has thou seen my sister, Emily?" He asked in a rushed tone.

"Nay, but look" Elijah replies. He points to the Sanderson cottage in the woods where smoke is arising from the chimney. "They conjure"

Thackery looks and is horrified to see Emily following Sarah into the woods.

"Oh God, the woods!" He runs closer to the edge of the village. "Emily!"

"She’s done for!" Elijah stated as the witch and poor girl disappeared into the woods.

"Not yet! You wake my father! Summon the others! Go!!" He hurriedly cries. Thackary follows Emily into the deep, dark woods.
"Emily!!"

Thackary manages to fall down several hills and wade through shallow creeks to get to the Sanderson home.

"Come child" Sarah says sweetly to Emily. Emily follows Sarah into the house. Thackary looks in the window and sees Emily surrounded by the Sanderson Sisters, Sarah, Mary, and Winifred. Winifred is the leader of the sisters, she has red hair and dresses in shades of green. Mary is next, she’s a little on the plump side. She has black hair and dresses in shades of red. Sarah, is the final sister, and she seems a little ditzy. She has blonde hair and dresses in shades of purple. They are all slightly old. Emily spots him and sits up. The sisters turn to the window, but Thackary ducks out of sight. Sarah and Mary go and look out the front door to look for Thackary, but he’s out of sight. Winifred throws open a window and looks around.

"Oh look, another glorious morning...Makes me sick! Sisters!" Winifred says.

"Yes, Winnie?" Sarah answers.

"Coming Winnie. Right away. Sorry" Mary apologizes.

"Must have been an imp" Winifred says walking over to her spell book and talks to it like a most beloved child. "My darling, my little book. We must continue with our spell now that our guest of honor has arrived. Wake up. Wake up, darling" The books single eyes opens up at this sound of her voice. "Yes, well come along. There you are. Mary!"

"Right here, Winnie. Right here. Sorry" Mary apologizes once again.

"Hello, hello" Winifred says to her book.

"I notice sister Sarah isn’t helping" Mary says, somewhat snitching on the younger sister.

"I lured the child here!" Sarah defended. Winifred grabs Mary’s ear.

"Leave her be, she has done her chore" Winifred states and then let's go of Mary's ear.

"You’re right, I’m wrong" Mary says and then her and Sarah began to make mocking faces at each other.

"All right. ‘Tis time!" Winifred says raising her voice causing the two childish sisters to stop making faces. The book opens and flips itself to a certain page.