"Categories" (R. Allen)

• Dedicated to Free Thinkers

“Categories”

     Many of you have heard the phrase,

“Think Outside the box”.

These “Boxes” are categories of understanding.

     Now  IMAGINE different Ideas, or concepts.

    I’ll refuse to believe everyone could be ignorant as to what these words represent.

    Everything is put into these “Boxes” of understanding.

   Every time your asked about your spiritual belief system, Your preferences in music, art, food, your sexual preference,

Your race or ethnicity. You are being compelled to place yourself, your beliefs,

Your preferences into one of these “Boxes of Understanding”.

     I am writing this for people that have an understanding of themselves. Having an understanding of yourself you must feel frustrated. Trapped into defining your inner and outer self through “Categories”, or “Boxes of Understanding”.

     This has been imposed on most of us from the day we are born. Our parents, who were asked to define themselves in this manner expect us to do the same. We have been schooled, “checking boxes” concerning various matters in order for “WHO”? to put us, and our ideas, beliefs, etc., into these categories.

These “Boxes of Understanding”.

    Think of the countless genres of music, art, food. Think of the sub-genres of all these “Major Genres”.

    You know this is THE WAY for just about everything.

    Then “Somebody”, probably some advertising executive motivational speaker

Comes up with the phrase, “Think Outside The Box”.

    LIKE THAT’S A GOOD THING.

    Or you may have heard, “Don’t limit yourself to one box of understanding”.

    None of this is for the creative evolved.

This is all for CONTROL.

    I say-

    “THERE SHOULD NOT BE ANY BOXES”

    Yet anyone, that has ever come up with a new form of expression, style of music or art.

(Not to mention millions of other things)

Is at first ridiculed, laughed at, drove off.

Most often, later , it is proved they were on to something.

Then a new category is created. It now includes this “New Style”.

“Sad but true”…this usually happens after the creator of something different dies, broke, and unknown in their time.

     DO NOT, “Think Outside the Box”.

     Get rid of that concept altogether.

Start refusing to check boxes. Refuse to answer questions that put you in a “Category”.

     DO NOT Have a BOX in you thought system.

It is NOT for you.

It is for some un-seen force to limit YOU.

    Learn this way yourself.

    Teach this way to your children.

    I know this to be one small step in the right direction.

All Things Positive:

Robert K. Allen

Tag=roballen2

1-7-2010