Overworked

Day 36

"Who in the galaxy could that be?" Qui-Gon asked with a puzzled face as he slinked over to the door.

"Are you expecting anyone Qui? Is Obi-Wan?" Tahl called after the tall Jedi.

Qui-Gon gave no response. He already knew he wasn't expecting anyone and he also knew that Obi-Wan would never invite someone over without his knowledge. So, who was this mystery person knocking at his door? And just after latemeal too!

When Qui-Gon made it to the door, he could feel the presence of the lifeform standing outside. Familiar, he knew this person. Nervous, something had obviously happened to upset him or her and finally, youthful, this person was of a younger age. Not a Youngling, but not quite a Knight. Curiosity finally overtook the Jedi Master and with that, he opened the door.

Behind the glass was the dark-haired, dark-eyed, Padawan by the name of Garen Muln. Qui-Gon immediately recognized him from the many times he had seen him and Obi-Wan together along with their little group of friends which included Oaklyn. At first, Qui-Gon thought Obi-Wan had invited him to help finish his ongoing project and didn't tell him, but based on the worried look etched on the young man's face, he knew this was no regular visit.

"Padawan Muln?" Qui-Gon finally spoke after the few seconds of suffocating silence. "Has something happened?"

"Hello Master Jinn...I'm-I'm extremely sorry to disturb you but..." The awkward Padawan stuttered, trying to rake in his thoughts to convey them with words. "Something has happened...it-it's Oaklyn, Master Jinn..."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"There. Finished...finally..." Obi-Wan sighed happily before stretching his arms over his head. He then proceeded to roll out his stiff neck, letting out a small groan when he felt the pressure release it's hard grip.

He had finally completed the project that was causing him grief. A visual representation of where each Senator sat in the Senate building. In full colour. Obi-Wan thought it sort of pointless since he had no inspiration to become a member of the Senate. He laughed at the thought of him proposing a topic of discussion and stuttering over his words. Obi-Wan was not meant to be a Senator, that was for certain. Sadly, he couldn't really argue with his instructor and had to do the project just like everyone else.

Obi-Wan wondered if Oaklyn had completed that project before...

The incident occurred.

After stretching out his neck, he felt a surge of worry fly across the bond he shared with his Master. Why would he be worried? He was just with Master Tahl, was he not? Reaching out with the Force, he concluded that there was someone else inside their quarters. But who? Obi-Wan pushed forward and found a young, kind presence he knew quite well. It was the signature of his sarcastic trickster of a friend, Garen.

What in the seven Sith hells was Garen Muln doing here just after latemeal? Shouldn't he be eating with his Master?

Obi-Wan had too many questions and he wanted none of them to go unanswered. Quickly, he palmed open the door and stepped into the sitting room. There, in the middle of the room was his Master and, standing across from him, was Garen.

"Master? What's going on? Garen? What are you doing here? Has something gone wrong?" He asked and was met with the sympathetic looks of the Jedi Master and the dark-haired Padawan.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Oaklyn had to release some steam.

She had gotten angry, that she couldn't deny, but she couldn't let it take hold of her for fear leads to anger and anger leads to hate and hate leads to suffering.