1.1

- a m a t e r a s u -

My alarm goes off and I shoot up, smacking my alarm so it shuts off. I groan and rub my eyes, getting out of bed tiredly. I get ready, pulling on my school uniform lazily.

I grab my phone, texting Tendou that I'm going to school now. He doesn't respond which makes me worried that he didn't wake up in time. I text Ushijima, knowing he's always up early.

'Tendou left already, sorry.'

I frown slightly, thinking he must be distracted so I just start walking to school. Once I get there, I see him talking to someone at the front doors. I walk over, thinking he's just talking to a friend, but when I see he's there with another girl, my heart drops. I don't assume anything, just walking over with a fake smile, "hi babe, you didn't respond to my message so I assumed you were already at school."

He looks over and smiles softly, "oh, yeah. I came early because I woke up earlier than usual, and she ended up coming over and talking to me. I must've not felt my phone vibrate."

I keep on the fake smile, being worried because I know he will probably leave me for his soulmate in an instant if he finds her. The girl just smiles, "I'll see you around!" and she waves as she walks away, giving me a dirty look when he isn't paying attention.

Oh no...

- t e n d o u -

I am waiting by the front doors for Su when suddenly this short girl with long black hair comes over. She smiles, "hi! My name is Mina and I couldn't help but notice you were by yourself! I'm actually in the same class as you!"

"Oh, hi!" I smile softly, curious about why she's talking to me. She blushes softly, "you probably think I'm weird, but I was at one of your volleyball games and I saw you singing on the court and I could hear you... I didn't want to assume anything, especially since you have a partner, but I do think that we are soulmates..."

I look at her curiously, "wait, you heard that? No one outside of my team has ever mentioned my song from the Karasuno match..."

She nods shyly, "that's why I think you're my soulmate... but I didn't say anything until now because I didn't want to ruin a happy relationship..."

I shake my head, "no, no, it's okay. Actually, want to go out for coffee sometime? I would love to get to know you," I smile warmly at her.

"Yes! I would love to!" She smiles happily.

I feel bad, but if she really is my soulmate, I have to know... I'm sorry Su...

"How about after school?"

She nods quickly, "I would love to! Your partner won't get mad, will they?"

"They shouldn't, we both trust each other."

As if they were summoned, Su walks over with a smile.

———

The school day ends, and I tell Su I'm meeting up with the girl from this morning. They nod softly and kiss my cheek, "have fun. If you need anything, I'll be available."

I smile softly, giving them a hug before I head off to the coffee shop. I meet her there after we both get coffee, sitting down at a table. We talk casually for a few hours until it starts getting late so we decide to start heading back.

We talk on the way there, and once we get there, I wish her a good night. As I start walking away, she grabs my arm and pulls me back, kissing me. My eyes widen in shock, but I can't move away. Why am I not moving away? I have a partner. But she might be my soulmate...