0.2

- t e n d o u -

I sigh and flop down onto the top bunk, limbs sprawled as I stare at the band posters I have on the ceiling. I wish I could've figured out which one they were...

The student with the split dyed hair was really cute though. I've actually heard of them before. Sano Amaterasu. They're known for their beauty and unique style. Most guys around here find them weird and avoid them because of this, but it intrigues me even more to learn everything I can about them. 

Now the question is, how do I approach them? I'm not exactly the most social guy in the world. Outside of the volleyball team, I'm pretty quiet.

I groan and roll over, deciding to work on my homework I still haven't started. I grab my bag and pull out my Calculus work. I stare at it, not having any motivation to do it so I walk over to Ushijima's bottom bunk.

He's reading a magazine, but I know he only reads it for the ads, not the actual thing itself. I just don't say anything. I bend down with a smile, "Ushiwaka~ can we do something fun? I don't want to do my calculus so I think we should play a game~"

He looks up from his magazine and sighs, "Satori, you need to get your work done so the coach gets off your case about it."

I pout playfully, "I know! I know!" I walk away with my arms crossed and I sit down at the desk we have in our room, finally working on my assignment.

Not long into working on it, I hear the voice again. But now, their voice is almost angelic.

They're singing this song that sounds strangely familiar, but I can't quite put my finger on it. I listen to it, softly humming to the parts I know until I stop dead in my tracks.

"All I wanted was you"

The passion in their voice was insane. They almost sound like they're heartbroken...

Ushijima notices this, "them again?"

I nod softly, "yes. But this time, the passion in their voice was so... real... if anything, I want to find them to make all of their problems go away. I want to be the reason they're happy, you know?"

"I understand Satori, but there's not much you can do unless you catch them singing if we are being realistic here." He sighs softly. "I'm not trying to be a pessimist, I'm just trying to be real with you. There's no certainty that you'll find them."

"But they were at the game!" I quickly blurt out, hating that he's so quickly shutting me down. It's not like it's impossible. A lot of people have found their soulmates because of this...

It has to work, right?

- a m a t e r a s u -

Hiroko looks at me with a smile, "I'll never get over the initial shock of knowing how well you can sing. You seriously should become a musician when you're older."

"I don't know, maybe. But you know what I found strange? That red-haired kid, Tendou, it's like he was looking for someone in the stands. He did just turn 18, didn't he? That means that he probably heard someone in the stands cheering for him. He's so lucky, he's close to meeting his soulmate. I'm not even 18 yet so I can't even start looking..."

Hiroko frowns and pinches me, "you only have to wait a few weeks. Why don't you try and talk to him? Maybe you helping him find his soulmate will distract you for the moment. You do need some more friends after all." She smiles brightly at me.

I sigh, "you know what? That's actually a really good idea... But how will I approach him? He's in class 2, we are in class 3."

"Hun, write him a note and slip it in his gym locker during lunch. The team is normally practicing during then so that would be a perfect time! Just tell him to meet you somewhere and propose your idea!" She claps excitedly. I laugh softly, "alright, I'll use your idea. Just help me write a note, please. I'm bad at these kinds of things."