1.3

- a m a t e r a s u -

I look around at the empty dorm room, feeling a small twinge of pain within my chest, knowing I have to part with everything here.

I don't think I am ready to graduate. I think I'm mostly scared of losing contact with everyone. Especially Tendou. He still doesn't know where he will go to college.

I look in the mirror one last time, fixing my uniform one last time and joining the rest of the group outside of the dorm building. I run over, waving energetically, everyone turning their heads.

I see a smile on everyone's faces, everyone cheerful to finally graduate. I make sure to hug Tendou, knowing he will whine later if I don't. They make an announcement throughout the campus for everyone to come to the outdoor athletic field.

We all walk together, going our separate ways to find our seats that we're assigned. They start the ceremony, introducing it and making us sing the national anthem as always. Soon, they call up the class representatives, handing out the diplomas for the entire classes, knowing we will gather in smaller groups after this.

It seems like it's forever as the principal continues to talk and talk and talk, when they finally get to the message for the graduating class. Yes, it's pretty much the same every year, but it's still nice that they do it for us.

He ends his speech with the school song, everyone singing along as it's tradition to do so. Everyone yells and cheers afterwards, leaving the field to gather in classes to receive the diplomas.

I meet up with Tendou as we are in the same class fortunately, making our way to our classroom since that's where we decided as a class to do it.

Our class representative gives a short speech, knowing we are all sick of hearing people talking. We all get our diplomas from him one at a time, everyone saying their farewells.

I just smile to myself, happy to know that everyone just seems so happy. After all, this is supposed to be a good day.

The class representative dismisses us, so I grab Tendou's hand and drag him to the spot we said we would meet up as a group so we could go out for dinner.

We wait for a bit until I see everyone else walking over with huge smiles on their faces. Hiroko runs over and hugs me, laughing loudly. "We graduated, Su! We did it!"

I smile, "yeah, we did."

We all make our way to the local diner, talking for hours and hours, not wanting to go our separate ways just yet. The diner tells us that they are closing and I let out a heavy sigh. "Well, we will all still text and call each other, right?"

They all nod, everyone joining together for a group hug. I actually start crying, not wanting to leave everyone just yet. Hiroko wipes my tears with a smile, "I promise I'll text you every single day, okay?"

I nod and sniffle, smiling softly at her. We all leave, but I make sure Ushijima doesn't escape before I can give him a hug. I smile and hug him tightly, only reaching to about his chest as he's super tall compared to me.

He laughs softly, "I'll miss you too, Su."

I look at him with teary eyes, "can I come see the chickens before I leave for college?"

"As many times as you want," he laughs heartily, letting out a legitimate smile. That makes me smile brightly, standing on my tippy toes to give him a friendly kiss on the cheek.

You know, I never thought I would become this close with Ushijima. Even when Tendou was a dumbass and dumped me for a hot second, he was on my side since day one. That's how I knew I really became close friends with him.

We all part ways, going back home. Tendou walks alongside me, planning to stay with me since he can't go back to his parents still. I just look up at him, "babe, what are you planning to do now?"

"Well, I decided I would stay here in Japan and study while you got your degree. Then I want to move to Paris and open up a shop with the Eiffel Tower in view from the front windows."

I smile, "I promise I'll follow every step of the way. Nothing will keep two soulmates from one another"

6 years later —

I wake up to the blinding sun shining through the curtains blowing from the warm morning Paris air. I sit up, stretching and climbing out of bed. I open the curtain, taking a look at the Eiffel Tower in front of us.

I smile and change into some presentable clothes for the day, throwing my hair up in a messy bun and putting on my glasses before I go out into the kitchen to make myself a cup of coffee.

I sit on the balcony and read a book while listening to the city waking up, sipping on my coffee. I hear cara rushing by, people walking down the street and chatting, just normal city life.

I finish up my chapter, setting the book down and rushing downstairs. I hop down the steps, opening the door that leads into the shop, finding Tendou entertaining kids on their way to school by making some fresh fudge, giving them pieces to take on the road.

I hear my music softly playing through the speakers in the shop, which makes me smile. I've actually made a name for myself. I'm a singer-songwriter, writing music in both Japanese and French. I look up at the TV only to see that Ushijima is currently playing a game live right now.

I smile, knowing I'll have to shoot him a call quick once it's over. I come in behind Tendou, kissing his cheek. I help package the cute little treats he makes, putting them in little clear bags and twisting them shut with a small red ribbon.

He's a simple man, but his chocolate is so delicious that we get high profile people here quite often. Quite ironic considering he wanted to do this for the children.

More than anything, I think we've created a nice life here in Paris. I don't think I could've asked for a better soulmate.

———————————

Well folks, I finally finished this book after putting it off for months. I'm so sorry if this is very anticlimactic, I just felt like this was the best way to conclude this story. Anyways, I hope you guys enjoyed!

I also have a fan fiction about Sero Hanta from Boku No Hero Academia as well if you guys would like to check it out :]