16 | A Ring And A Message

Start from the beginning

Ducking my head, I wriggled out of his grip, stalking over towards the opening of the tent with haste. I didn't want to kiss him. Not like this. And maybe not ever, but I really couldn't think about anything other than escaping in the moment. Yeah, sure, I felt bad dodging him like that, but it wasn't what I wanted.

Stopping myself, I turned back to give Harry one last look in pity. He looked rejected, an embarrassed expression lined across his face.

"Get the golden egg," I smiled, "got it, Potter?"

He smiled back, although something was off in his eyes, "got it, [l/n]."

∞ ϟ

So basically, Harry was suffering.

Not that I could see it, considering he managed to hop on his broomstick and lead the dragon out of the arena, but I could feel it. And that was scary as hell.

"I'm going to get a better look," I said, standing up from my seat.

Ron and Hermione looked at me in understanding, nodding their heads as I stumbled away from the bench and down the stairs of the Gryffindor tower. I never liked these things, you know? They were never stable, always got a Quidditch player hurt, and were a pain to get out of.

Wrapping my sweater around me for added warmth, I scaled down the wooden steps in haste, my head tilted up towards the school to see if I could get a good look.

I didn't see Harry or the dragon yet.

Stepping onto the grass field to get a better view, I began to walk forward, but I felt someone grab my shoulders and thrust me against the wooden column of the area's structure. Ouch.

It was Draco, again.

"You're a goddamn idiot, [l/n]," he hissed, his hand wrung tightly around the fabric of my sweater, "I'm sick and tired of it."

Wow.

So the rumors were apparently true.

Draco Malfoy did shove me up against a wall, it just happened to be a day later. If I wasn't so concentrated on how cute he looked in the cold, with his fluffy jacket and pink-tipped nose, I might have gathered up a response to his insult.

Instead, I just smiled at him.

"Nice to see you too, Malfoy," I said, cocking a brow, "can't seem to keep your hands off me, can you?"

His breath was making icy clouds in the air, a result of the dipping temperatures of winter, and his eyes were brighter against his pale skin. While he may be a tempered jerk, he was a pretty boy.

When he heard my retort, he instantly dropped his hands, taking a step back.

"You think this is funny, don't you?" He frowned, narrowing his eyes.

I shrugged, "which part?"

"Yesterday, you daft idiot. You made me look like a fool in front of those Ravenclaws, and now half of the school thinks I shoved you against a wall!"

"Oh, but darling," I smirked, "you did shove me against a wall."

I was only calling him the endearing name out of ridicule, but once he heard the word come out of my mouth, he almost choked on his tongue. I'm being serious. I saw him widen his eyes, gulp, and almost choke on his spit.

Apparently Malfoy likes being called pet names.

"Okay, I'm done with this," he spat out, finally able to use his words, "I'm tired of you playing hard to get, and screwing with my mind, because I know you want me, [y/n]."