"Hey, kid, do you mind keeping it down?" A voice said from behind me. I turned around and saw Monty fiddling with some tech stuff.

"Oh, sorry. What'cha doin'?" I said, hopping over to sit next to him.

"Trying to contact the Ark," He explained, not straying his focus. I had dabbled in techy stuff, but I wasn't great at it. I knew a thing or two, but I was more used to making things from scrap in the mechanic shop.

"Cool. Can I help?" I asked since there's nothing else to do.

"Sure. Could you hand me that blue wire please?" He asked. I picked up a blue wire from behind me and handed it to him.

I helped Monty with making his machine thing to contact the Ark for a while. We talked while we worked and it turned out to be pretty fun. I told him about how Bellamy annoys me sometimes because he thinks he's the boss of me and about how when I got arrested, I beat up the first guard and they had to get two more to back him up, meanwhile he told me about his family from Agro Station and how Jasper is like a brother to him.

"He's gonna be okay. Bellamy will find him," I assured him comfortingly. "Why didn't you go with them though?"

"Clarke says I'm too important to send out, in case I get hurt," He replied. "She says they need me for food and communication."

"Yeah, you're too smart to die," I let out a small giggle in agreement.

I yawned and felt myself getting sleepy. I rested my head on a spare jacket that was balled up on the floor and ended up falling asleep within seconds.

I woke up to the sounds of load painful groans coming from the other side of the room. I opened my eyes to see a shirtless Jasper, groaning in pain. "Jasper!" I exclaimed. He was surrounded by Clarke, Finn and a sleeping Monty.

"Sorry, we didn't wanna wake you," Finn said softly. "There's food outside, I'm sure Bellamy will let you have some."

I nodded and slid down the ladder, making my way out of the drop ship. Kids were lining up for meat. But they weren't just taking it, they were taking off their wristbands to get it. I walked up to the table beside Bellamy, where sticks of meat lied.

I grabbed one of the sticks but before I could walk off, a hand grabbed my wrist. I looked to see who the culprit was and saw none other than John Mbege with a scowl on his face. I recognised him from the Sky Box. He stole my doll once and put it really high up because I had embarrassed him in class by correcting him. "Not so fast, you little brat. We're gonna need that wristband first," He growled. To be honest, he scared me. His fingers tightened around my wrist and it began to hurt.

"Get off of her," Bellamy said, anger filling his voice. Murphy shoved Mbege off of me, looking almost as mad as Bellamy. Mbege let go of my wrist, It was pretty sore from his tight grip. "You alright, Lia?" Bellamy crouched down to my height. I nodded, I didn't notice that I had dropped the food and it landed back on the table.

"I'll deal with you later," He scowled at Mbege.

"I don't wanna take off my wristband, Bell," I said nervously. "I don't want Raven to think I'm dead."

"That's alright, you don't have to," He said softly, and I noticed how tone was much sweeter with me. "Here," He said as he handed me a stick of meat.

"Thank you," I put my arms around his neck, hugging him. I walked off, not knowing where to go so I went to the tree I climbed on our first day. I did my best to climb while also trying not to drop the stick. I managed to climb up pretty high and find a sturdy branch to sit on. 

I perched myself upon the tree, munching away at the meat which I learned was from an animal called a panther. It was delicious and way better than anything we had on the Ark. The meat was juicy and had a smoky flavor, and the dried protein we had on the Ark could never compare. I finished the whole thing in minutes, which wasn't surprising since firstly, it was a relatively small piece and secondly, I hadn't eaten since the day before we got sent down.

I wasn't sure where to put my stick and luckily for me, a certain curly-haired fake guard was walking by and he didn't know I was in the tree. I squinted my eyes to aim and threw the stick at him. Bullseye! It hit him right on the head. He rubbed the back of his head and looked up, trying to see where it came from.

Finally, he spotted me giggling and rolled his eyes playfully. "I'll get you back for that, you little monkey," He said, trying to contain his laughter. "Get down here. You're sharing a tent with either me or Harper. I don't trust you with anyone else. Your choice."

"I'll stay with Harper tonight, and maybe with you another night." I said as I jumped down off the tree.

"Alright. My tent's the big one over there if you need me." He said as he pointed to a tent that was significantly bigger and sturdier than the rest. I nodded and he trotted off into his tent. I spotted Harper with Monroe and Jess, sitting by a small fire. I trotted over to the teenage girls, hoping they wouldn't be bothered by my presence. 

"Oh, hey, Tahlia," Jess saw me first.

"Tahlia! Hey!" Harper beamed as she hugged me. "What's up?" I like how Harper and Jess talk to me like a person and not like a baby. That's one thing I don't really like about some of the other kids, they just see me as a baby. 

"Bellamy asked if it's okay if I share a tent with you?" I said.

"Yeah, sure. I figured you would be bunking with me anyways, I'm your favorite," She laughed. "Jess is sharing with us too by the way."

I was about to reply but I cut myself off with a yawn. Even after having that little nap before, I was feeling exhausted. "Which one's your tent?" I asked Harper.

"You mean our tent." She chuckled. "It's that one right over there. I already set up a bed for you." She pointed to a homemade tent which was smaller than Bellamy's but cozy.

"Goodnight Harp, goodnight Jess." I yawned.

"Night," They both replied in unison. I made my way to the tent and found that Harper made a cot for me out of some cloth and animal fur. I lye down on the makeshift cot and allowed my heavy eyelids to shut, transporting me into a deep sleep.