Chapter 33 - The Arrival

(Third Person Pov)

The next morning came by. Subaru, Rem, and Y/n were watching all kinds of people in the room. Staring in awe at the sights, they didn't notice a large hand grabbed Subaru's head.

Subaru: "Wha?!"

???: "My lady was tellin' me about you. You're the star of this little show, aren't ya?"

A brown wolf-like demihuman appeared. With a large, muscular body, he smiled at Subaru with interest and curiosity.

Subaru: "That logo... And a Kararagi accent from a demihuman... Then, you're with Anastasia?"

Ricardo: "What, you knew? I'm Ricardo, head of her mercenary team. Nice to meet you, too, li'l lady and boy!"

Rem politely nodded at him while Y/n held an awkward expression, before nodding as well as one of his fingers were on his cheek, scratching it.

Subaru: "Keep it down! Also, you're huge! You'll snap my neck!"

Ricardo: "Hey! My lady!"

He said, ignoring Subaru's remark and pushed him away, before starting to walk over to Anastasia to have a chat with her.

Subaru: "Hey! Ow..."

Crusch: "So that is the pride of Anastasia and the Hoshins, the Iron Fang... I see. They all look quite strong. Did you rest well last night?"

Subaru: "I nearly died a second ago... Oh, so I guess you're also fighting?"

Unlike her formal uniform, which in Y/n opinion looks like a military officer uniform, she was now wearing armor over...

Y/n: 'Is she wearing the same outfit, but just with some armor and a cape on it?!'

He thought, shocked.

Crusch: "You think I am capable of sitting in a chair, waiting for good news? I'm more surprised that you are participating and even more worried about Y/n-san over here. Can both of you fight?"

Subaru: "Nope, I can't, but he can. But even if I can't fight, I think this human will be pretty useful against the White Whale."

Crusch: "I must ask... On what grounds?"

Subaru: "I'm not all that happy about it myself, but I seem to be the type of guy who attracts mabeasts."

Crusch: "What?"

She said, surprised by his statement. It's not every day you would hear that a guy would attract mabeasts attention. Looking at Y/n and Rem for confirmation, they just shrugged it off and replied to her.

Y/n: "It's true."

Rem: "It is true. Thanks to that, Subaru-kun has previously saved my life along with Y/n-kun."

Subaru: "So, on my borrowed ground dragon, I'll run around under White Whale's nose and draw its attention, while you guys launch an all-out attack! That's the tactic I'd recommend, anyway."

Crusch: "Under the White Whale's... nose? Shockingly, I sense no lies in that statement. I never thought I would doubt my divine protection as often as I have in the past half day."

All three of them grinned in front of her as the sound of the door opening made them turn their attention away from each other. A group of middle-aged with wrinkles walked in. All of them had some sort of protection and a sword on their wrists.