Chapter 21 - Rescuing Rem

(Y/n Pov)

As the darkness surrounds me, there was only a small part of lights that shone within the dark space.

Several scenes appeared in my mind. First, there were Rem and Beatrice; Rem seemed stressed for some reason.

Rem: "...to give up? Is there no other way to save..."

Next scene, I could hear Beatrice's voice and saw someone was holding my hand.

Beatrice: "You can do as you like with him now."

The scene became black yet again until I heard a female voice.

???: "I swear... I'll save you."

Slowly, I opened my eyes and saw an unfamiliar wooden ceiling.

Y/n: "Ughhh... How long have I've been asleep? My heads hurt a little..."

Trying to move my body, I suddenly felt pain all over my body as I fell back down again. Looking at my body, I saw a few marks from the mabeasts. It seemed like they were still healing.

Y/n: "If I managed to survive those mabeasts, I don't even know if I can survive the household residences. Especially Subaru. I did promise him not to die before him, right? I wonder where he is now."

Looking at the wooden cabin, I spotted Emilia, who was sleeping on a chair. Her expression seemed peacefully as if nothing bad had happened.

Y/n: "I guess I owe her a debt."

Puck: "I don't know about that. This time, both you and Subaru produced results equal to the effort invested, so I doubt Lia will think of it as a debt."

The little cat-spirit said as he floated from behind Emilia's hair to on top of me. I looked at his figure; he seemed to be carefree as ever.

Y/n: "Puck..."

Puck: "Good morning, Y/n."

Y/n: "Morning. How long would it take for me to move? Besides getting my body almost torn apart by the mabeasts as if I was a delicious snack or something."

He laughed at my comment cutely before saying something unexpected.

Puck: "Well, you are a delicious snack to them."

Y/n: "Wait, what?"

Puck: "Well, after all, they wouldn't definitely be acting like that. If I were to show it to you, it would be and sound like this."

He opened his mouth as I saw his sharp teeth; he made several sound effects while acting as if he was one of the mabeasts that attacked me, and it was good acting that caused me to be scared of someone so small like him.

Puck: "Munch, gobble, snarf, chew, chomp, snap, crunch! More like that."

Y/n: "You're really scary sometimes, you know that? Anyway, how's Rem and the others? The Last time I saw her, she had various injuries."

Puck: "Ah, don't worry, she had already been healed by you unconsciously. All of the kids are safe and sound, and Subaru... He left the place after a while with a grim face. As if he was scared of something, that guy... I could only feel fear and anger in him-"

Yeah... He didn't have to explain the rest of the thing because I already knew why he was like that. The promise we made on our first day here was broken by me, of course, he was pissed. But why should he be? It's not like something bad would happen if I died before him, right?