A tumultuous journey

Beginne am Anfang

"Kuhu.! slowly....your stitches....!"

Kunal was by her side in a moment and he lowered her on to the seat carefully not causing her to bump her injured shoulder to the seat.....

Even in her panicky state Mishti smiled seeing Kunal's care for Kuhu...

All of them were seated when Abir went to the cockpit..as he returned the pilot's announcement to fasten the seat belt was heard...

He moved to his seat ...but with a lot of concern seeing the ashened face of Mishti..

Massima was sleeping and the medical personal assisting her too were seated comfortably...Kunal and Kuhu were chatting about the DVD to be played during the flight .....

But all the happenings around him faded as he saw her shut her eyes tightly and cup her mouth with her two hands.....

"Nanko .."

Abir called out...but his voice got drowned in the sound of the engine.....

Mishti felt her whole body shake in fear and a nauseous sensation invaded her.....she had promised herself not to scream, and had her hands cupped over her mouth...but when the rumbling of the engine started she was like a deer caught in a head light .....

She felt blood rush into her brain and fill her eyes and the urge to run was the only thing she registered.....she tugged her seat belt to free herself in her disjointed state....

Next second she found someone beside her , helping her ease out of her seat belt and the next moment he seated himself on her seat pulling her onto his lap and soothing her.....

"shhh... Mishti... Mishti ...chup...ho jaao....it will be over soon.....!"

His voice and the warmth in his hold....

Mishti could not hold out her tears longer as she hugged him back clutching onto her dear life ....

Her tears smeared his pale blue striped white t shirt...

It felt like eternity.....

The feel of  soft heat beneath her flannel shirt and soft jeans  was maddening ...she was clinging on to him as her last refuge, her head resting on the crook of his neck, her tears ..wetting his skin...

Abir was struggling with his urge to kiss her teary eyes.....

He even would have done that... only thing that prevented him from doing that was Kuhu's worried enquiry.....

"Mishti??? Kya hua achanak??tum..theek ho..??"