vii. an unsolicited crusade

-

-

❝𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓹𝓲𝓷𝓮 𝓽𝓻𝓮𝓮 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓼𝓲𝓵𝓿𝓮𝓻 𝓼𝓱𝓪𝓭𝓮, 𝓪𝓷 𝓾𝓷𝓼𝓸𝓵𝓲𝓬𝓲𝓽𝓮𝓭 𝓬𝓻𝓾𝓼𝓪𝓭𝓮, 𝓪𝓷𝓭 𝓲'𝓿𝓮 𝓯𝓮𝓵𝓽 𝓵𝓲𝓴𝓮 𝓽𝓱𝓪𝓽 𝓯𝓸𝓻 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓵𝓸𝓷𝓰𝓮𝓼𝓽 𝓽𝓲𝓶𝓮; 𝓪 𝓭𝓮𝓬𝓮𝓶𝓫𝓮𝓻 𝓭𝓪𝔂 𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓷𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓽𝓸 𝓪 𝓳𝓪𝓷𝓾𝓻𝓪𝓻𝔂 𝓷𝓲𝓰𝓱𝓽; 𝓪 𝓱𝓮𝓪𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓷𝓮𝓮𝓭𝓵𝓮𝓼 𝓽𝓱𝓪𝓽 𝓭𝓸𝓮𝓼𝓷'𝓽 𝓫𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓴 𝔀𝓲𝓽𝓱𝓸𝓾𝓽 𝓪 𝓯𝓲𝓰𝓱𝓽 ❞

-maseera.

-

for the longest time, i've felt like the pine tree that grows alone-
almost sad, just almost.
the way my heart ached as if the needles stuck inside were about to break, and i could feel myself losing the last of my breaths, but the snow was falling and the world was still so prettily dressed.

it wasn't the wind that made me cold, no, it was everything else. the way i felt almost everyone slip away from my life like a slippery cube of ice, those times i had to clench my fists to hold in my cries- and i know very well that we've all had these times yet we still hesitate to whisper this out to the world with a shaky voice and that's always been our first and final choice.

i've taught myself to play piano keys, it keeps away some burdening dreams, and there are moments when i'm listening to a tune i've never heard before, and it feels like seeing a colour i've never seen in years gone, as i slowly slip in a whole new world i have the urgency to explore.

the pine tree is a silver shade, an unsolicited crusade, and i've felt like that for the longest time; a december day turning to a janurary night; a heart of needles that doesn't break without a fight.

-

a/n : I've been having a little hard time with some things and I just wrote this down out of an instance, so it's more raw, less edited and definitely not fictional.

I hope you enjoyed and thank you for reading.