viii. an unorthodox retaliation

-

-

❝𝓵𝓮𝓽𝓽𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓰𝓸 𝓲𝓼 𝓵𝓲𝓫𝓮𝓻𝓽𝔂 𝓪𝓽 𝓲𝓽 '𝓼 𝓯𝓲𝓷𝓮𝓼𝓽 ❞

-maseera.

-

you like to play fragile, old cassette tapes on new year's eve, songs and conversations from your family. for just a few unalerted moments it's like they're all really there and it doesn't feel like you're all alone in a room of vacant grandeur.

they say the hardest and the bravest thing you'll ever do is to let go of people but it's all a sense of unorthodox retaliation to you- so you hold onto these tapes which make you feel like they were better than the people you knew, and every one of a million things that hurt you was an illusion, a facade, something you made up to break your own brittle heart. but you and i both know that is not the truth.

but yet another year is evanescing away, while you try to convince yourself that perhaps you're not as alone as these cassette tapes, and perhaps you'll find your lost memories one of these days- but you know that's a lie. a hopeless try to feel some unorthodox retaliation towards the people that left you so cold, shivered and scared. and it was those years that made you so hasty to be prepared, for a life of seclusion, and you only knew chivalry as blatant repulsion. all good things are dead.

you took a shaky breath in, it's difficult to win when there is no opponent. you pick up the cassette tapes and put it in a box named "an unorthodox retaliation". you keep it out the door, the winter winds greet your floor, the world is happier with lights lighting up the whole skyline, the fireworks are bursting and everyone is smiling.

letting go is liberty at it's finest.

-a letter to the one
afraid of letting go.

-

a/n : the cassette tapes here signify any piece of people that we hold onto, for the sake of memory, so to let that go is 'an unorthodox retaliation' because letting the box go, and moving on is one of the best revenge that you can perhaps get. it's freeing, and it reminds us that attachments are, more often than not, utterly fleeting. this december needs to be a month we learn to live without burdening ourselves with the memories that weigh us down. and so, here i present to you, a very unorthodox retaliation.

thank you for reading, hoping you enjoyed. please listen to the song, it's beautiful.