39 - All's Well That Ends Well.

Namjoon ran along the building, frantically opening door after door, trying to find Jungkook and Taehyung. He pushed aside any thought as to what he'll do if he was too late.

When he opened the correct door, he paused at the scene before him. Taehyung was sitting on the floor, covering Jungkook with his body. The younger was not moving but judging by the fact that Taehyung hasn't lost his shit yet, he must be alive.

A man laid in a pool of blood, about two meters away from the duo. He was clearly dead, from the two bullet holes in his chest and head.

Another man, relatively youngish, stood there with a gun in his hand. He swiftly turned to the door when it opened and pointed the gun at Namjoon. The three police officers pointed their guns at him in response, although their attention flickered between the stranger and the two on the floor.

"Are you the brother?" The stranger asked in a tight voice.

"Yes." Namjoon lowered his weapon a little as he recognized him as the man who spoke with him on the phone. He could see from the side of his eyes that Yoongi and Hoseok lowering their weapons too.

The stranger put his gun down immediately. "Well, what are you waiting for?!! Take them out of here."

He swiftly turned around to leave the room but Taehyung spoke up.

"T-thank you." He struggled to get the words out but the stranger heard it and stopped mid stride.

He turned around look at Taehyung and after few seconds of considering, he spoke up. "I'm Sehun."

Recognition flashed in Taehyung's mine. Sehun. He has heard the name before. He was the only person that Yoona spoke about with regards to her family. Yoona once said that she and Sehun grew up together and that he was more of a brother to her than her own.

Taehyung looked at the man again and gave a tiny nod. He could swore that he saw Sehun's lip twitching a little but it was gone as soon as it came. After giving a nod, Sehun turned around and walked out of the room.

Namjoon gently picked up Jungkook while Yoongi and Hoseok each put Taehyung's hand over their shoulders to support the man walk. Together they walked out of the building and in to a vehicle that was waiting for them.

____________________________________

Taehyung and Jungkook were immediately airlifted to a big hospital by a police helicopter, courtesy of being related to the police chief. They both has suffered a massive damage to their bodies, broken arms, legs, ribs and many more.

In addition to that, Jungkook had a head wound which seems to have caused by an impact with a blunt object. He hasn't regained consciousness so he was rushed to get scanned for brain damage.

Taehyung lost consciousness halfway through to the hospital due to the severity of his wounds and pain but not before he managed to tell Namjoon what happened, the shorter version at least.

Their family and friends gathered in the hospital waiting room to hear the status of the two. They had to wait for few hours for all the preliminary testing to be over and to get an update from the doctors.

Both of them will have to spend a lot of time in the hospital and in Taehyung's case, therapy, but yes, they will make a full recovery. Taehyung gained consciousness the next day and Jungkook few days after. They have put him under a medical induced coma to assess any brain damage but there seems to be none.

On a different note, Namjoon got a call from his higher ups, congratulating him for killing the biggest mafia boss of the country. Namjoon didn't know what to do so he decided to let it appear like that as he wasn't sure what Sehun's position would be it the correct version came out. So far he hasn't called. Whatever the aftermath of that, Namjoon will gladly take it in exchange for the safety of Jungkook and Taehyung.

The new Intel received by the police force was that the head position of the Red Dragon gang was taken up by Oh Sehun, who was the second in command of previous leader, Lee Sunghoon. Taehyung and Namjoon didn't know what to feel about that. Although Sehun is a criminal wanted by the police, it didn't change the fact that both Jungkook and Taehyung are alive because of him.

Namjoon hoped to God that he'll never have to cross paths with Sehun in his life again. He didn't want the gratitude he felt as a brother to interfere with his duty as a police officer.

Taehyung's therapy took few months as his leg was broken from two places. He had to undergo few surgeries for his leg and ribs too. Jungkook was discharged from the hospital first, after about 1 month from the attack, but he refused to leave and stayed with Taehyung.

It was good too because Taehyung needed help to walk for about two months before he was discharged but had to continue physiotherapy for about two more months before he was finally back to his old self.

Jin braved his dislike for busy towns and rented a place near the hospital for the months Taehyung and Jungkook stayed in the big hospital. Since it was the holiday for the kindergarten, Jimin stayed with him mostly too.

Unfortunately, Namjoon did not had that luxury of taking time off from work and neither did Yoongi. So all of them had a relatively difficult time, away from their loved ones so they were very much happy to get back home.

Things got back to normal pretty fast after they returned home, the whole village got together to celebrate their return. Taehyung has never felt so free as he successfully escaped the shadows that surrounded his life for the past 3 years.

He was so happy in his life, sharing it with the person he loved with all his heart and surrounded by the family who had his back, through hell and back.