I Can Wait Forever: Chapter 16

Magsimula sa umpisa

This is the first time I am doing it. I opened the window and climbed my way out. This way, people won't notice that I'm gone. I hate to say this, but thanks dobe for this idea.

Naruto would always jump out from this window to escape our physical education activities during our middle school.

My feet landed on a grassy ground; it was dark too. I'm guessing I'm at the back of the gymnasium. I continued to walk searching for the brokenhearted girl.

It was no sweat finding her. It was like the angels brought my feet to where she is. There, behind a tree, is where I found her. My heart crushed when I saw her hitting the trunk of a tree while she sobbed intensely in between her punches.

This is bad. I should stop her. I'm sure her hands are now sore and it would get worse if she didn't stop what she's doing.

I went behind her and held her arm that was about to strike the tree.

"Leave me alone." She said without looking at me.

"Stop it." I said.

"Please leave me alone." she spoke again.

Sorry but I have no plans of leaving you, Hinata.

"Stop."

"I said leave me alone!"

"No."

She turned around fast with her other fist aiming at me. I was surprised by her actions but my reflexes were faster. I caught her fist with my hand and wrapped it tightly.

"Hinata." I said above her.

She slowly looked up and met eyes with hers. It was dark but I could still see her tears.

-End of flashback-

"S-S-Sa..S-Sa-" I couldn't even mention his name. I was so shocked that I can't even say his name straight.

I felt him tighten his grip on my hand and arm. No, he shouldn't see me like this-nobody else should. I wanted to be alone! I pulled myself away from him with all my strength but he pulled me back to him-with all his strength. My head bumped real hard on his chest as our bodies collided. Almost at the same time, I felt two arms surrounded me.

I tried to pull away again. But just like a spring, he grabbed me and I bounced back on his chest; his arms surrounding me tighter.

I rested my forehead on his chest. "W-Why? Just let me go."

"That's the least thing I would do", he said.

"Please..."

"And where are you going?" he asked.

I replied while I try to pull away once again, "You don't have to know-"

"Sakura-chan..." I stopped and turned my head to where the gymnasium is. That's Naruto's voice over the speakers.

"We've known each other since we were little and it's not a secret that I have this huge crush on you. You know it and everyone else do. Everybody knows too how much you hated me before. You kept pushing me away-but I didn't give up." He said.

I felt another set of fresh tears starting to build up at the corners of my eyes as I know where his speech would lead to. I pulled away again from Sasuke but he won't let me go.

"For you to notice my love seems really impossible, until we graduated from high school and got into the same university in Paris. Honesty, I was so surprised and happy at the same time. I thought I would never see you for a long time after high school." Naruto said.