Y/n POV

I had been following the reapers after I saw them coming out of a cave after the acid fog. They had taken 4 of my people hostage and I'd be dammed if I let them get away.

I had been climbing through the trees and I saw this girl running from a cave looking around frantically. She was dressed funny, I think she might be skikru.
She obviously heard the rustling that came from the reapers behind the bush because she started staring at it. I stepped on a branch that wobbled causing the tree to shake a bit, the girl looked up looking even more scared. "Bellamy!....Monroe?!...sterling!" She yelled out and she must have thought it was her friends behind the bush and I didn't know whether to get her out here or deal with the reapers but I chose neither because I kind of wanted to see how this panned out.

She got into a fighting stance and was holding a knife. The reaper from the back charged at her but she ducked and stabbed his leg then letting go of the knife and a few seconds later the same reaper charged at her again and knocked her down with the butt of his sword and I knew that now was my time to do something.

I jumped down from the tree and slit the reapers throat with the knife that was imbedded into his thigh only seconds ago and then charging at the second reaper slitting his stomach then crushing his face hearing a sick crunch. I eventually had raked out all four reapers and the girl from before lay on the ground unconscious.

The grounders held hostage had taken each other's restraints off and were just untying the last ropes.
"Is everyone alright?" I called out to the four and they looked up slightly shocked to see me out of all people and they bowed slight and a series of 'yes' and 'sha' went around and I nodded "all of you get back to tonDc, general Indra is waiting for your return" they all nodded and ran/jogged into the forest on their way to tonDc.

I turned back to the girl on the ground unconscious "well I can't just leave you here" I mumbled and went over to her and scooping her up with one arm around her shoulders while the other was wrapped under her knees. I realised she had a gash in her forehead, no doubt from the reaper that jabbed her with the butt of his sword. I started making my way through the trees and bushes at a fast but quiet pace.

Soon enough I reached my cave. It was more of a hideout then a home but I had all my stuff here like my medical stuff, sketch books, clothes and all.
I placed her down on my medium make-shift bed on the ground and then leaving to the fire pit to start a fire to warm the place up.
Once finished with the fire I went back to crouch at her side, I reached over to a shelf above the bed and grabbed a medicine kit and disinfected the gash on her forehead before putting a cream on it that should heal it and take away some of the pain.

I left her side and let her sleep/rest. I went over to my little storage thing and grabbed some wrapped up raw meat and took it over to the fire, I put the meat on a skewer after getting some herbs and tying them to the meat. I stuck the meat over the fire and slowly it was cooking. The smell of the cooking meat filled the cave and I noticed the girl slowly started to shift and move before she shot straight up looking panicked. I grabbed a cup and filled it with water before rushing to her side. She jumped, obviously not expecting to see me and slowly started to crawl back but I crouched down and shifted towards her. "Please, d-dont hurt m-e" she said out sounding desperate and I shook my head and held out the cup of water and she eyes it suspiciously "you first" she sounded like a child making these demands and I let out a small chuckle before taking a sip and then she took it and drank all the water in a couple of gulps. I went back over to the fire to grab the meet making sure it didn't burn "you hungry?" I asked, my trig accent coming out thick due to not being used to speaking English a lot. I turned my head over my shoulder looking at her and saw her tilt her head to the side slightly which was probably the cutest thing I'v see. "Umm, I guess" she said quietly. And I nodded and shifted back over to her and handing her one of the skewers with meat on it.

"Who are you?" I looked up at the girl and swallowed the food that was in my mouth "ai laik (y/n) kom trikru" I answer her question "what's your name sky girl?" And she raised a brow "how do you know I'm from the sky?" She asked and I just had an amused smirk on my face "you dress different" I stated and she nodded before taking a bite of the meat I gave her "lexa" she said and I got confused and raised an eyebrow "huh?" "My name, it's lexa" she said
I nodded my head and we continued eating "why are you helping me?...I mean weren't those other guys your people?" She said after a bit of silence "no, those people who attacked you, you could barley call them people anymore. We don't exactly know what happened to them but they used to be like us then they disappear and come back and are never the same. We call them reapers" she nodded seeming to understand "well why did you help me? Aren't my people the enemy? I mean like all that has happened since we got down here is people have lost their lives" she said seeming confused "well that's just our ways, and how we survive" she nodded but was still obviously wanting to ask more questions "and I couldn't just leave you out in the middle of the forest, you'd die" she nodded once again.

After our little convocation ended I started packing a small bag with a few medicines and other stuff. I looked over my shoulder at lexa and saw that she had taken one of my sketch books and was flicking through them but then she looked back at me "where are you going?" She asked confused "tonDc, and I have to take you back don't I?" "Yh I guess. What's tonDc?" She added at the end "my village" I stated simply she stood up and I was making my way over to her. She lent down and was about to place the sketch book on a small bench but I softly grabbed her forearm and she looked up at me "keep it" I said simply and she gave me a soft smile and nodded before tucking it into her jacket.

We left the cave and were now trekking through the forest. We had been walking for a while now and I could tell that lexa was getting tired "do you know where we're going?" She asked "yeah, my people have been watching yours for a while and I was sent on a scouting mission to your camp once" I said and she nodded. I could see the walls of her camp "were here" I said "will I get to see you again?" She questioned and I was kind of surprised "do you want to see me again?" I answered her question with a question of my own and she mumble a quiet "yeh" and I smiled softly at her and brushed a few strands of flyaway hair behind her ear "well, I guess I'll be seeing you again" she smiled up at me seeing as I'm a couple of inches taller "tomorrow night, meet me at the river?" I asked and she again smiled up at me and nodded "OVER THERE!" We heard someone yell and me and lexa's heads snapped over to the camp walls where there was two people with guns "NO!' wait that's lexa!" The second one yelled "go, they haven't seen you yet" she whisper yelled at me and I kissed her cheek and ran off into the bushes.