pure luck (lexa)

you and lexa are the last students in the change rooms after a big game. smut ensures. .

"Alright, I'll see you after." y/n's voice echoed down the hall of the empty school building. "Yep. We'll be at the drop ship" Octavia yells back, not turning around as she walks through the front door of grounder high with her duffel bag slightly sagging on her right shoulder. Turning back to the direction of the grounder change rooms, the straps of y/n's duffel bag clutched in her hand as she wondered down the halls of the unfamiliar building.

A trophy case sat against the left side of the corridor. plaques and certificates on the inside of the glass with pictures of polis' most treasured athletes and star soccer player lexa woods with the title of grounder academy's best team captain since 1992 with the win streak of 18 games in a row, though they weren't so lucky this game. A blank gap was in amongst two other trophies, the trophy Arcadia just won. The trophy that had been sitting in grounder highs glass show case for the last 3 years. the trophy that Arcadia high school have had their eyes on and had been working for for the last 3 years and now.. It finally happened.

y/n pov

The halls are slightly dim. The only light was the gleam of brightness seeping through windows in the corridor from the bright stadium with parents and school mates from both rivalling schools filtering out, heading home after watching the highest two rivalling teams in the area battle it out on the soccer field for the trikru trophy, now heading home after a late night.

My eyes scanned over the work hung up on the walls, admiring what I have never given the thought to admire because usually it was in and out of the change rooms and be the first the get to the field, to excited for what's to come to patiently observe how beautiful the school was.

all to soon I was standing outside of the locker rooms and a hasty sigh escaped my mouth as I brought a hand up to push the door open, leaving my aching legs to carry me over the threshold and dump my bag on a bench.

A pair of shoes were laid messily on the ground and I didn't register the sound of feet padding into the room from the shower section of the locker rooms.

"Ah! Shit" a voice squeaked causing me to turn around, surprised to hear a sound in the locker room I thought to be empty, though I wish I didn't turn around. There stood lexa woods, polis grounder academy's school captain soccer star, bent over, picking up her socks that she dropped in a puddle. Only in a shirt and underwear. A towel hung in her left arm and her damp hair pulled back into her signature ponytail leaving small ears on show. Obviously unaware that she in fact wasn't alone in the change rooms lexa picked up her now wet socks. She examined them with a pout on her face clearly annoyed at her socks now being damp. I mean who wouldn't be? Wet socks are the most disturbing and uncomfortable thing.

A fluttering sensation burst in my lower stomach at seeing her so unaware and vulnerable, with a cute furrow between her brows. "That sucks" I said causing lexa to jump and turn to see me standing there. Her cheeks painted a light pink as she realised she wasn't alone. "Shit. What are you doing in here?" she said bringing an attitude into her tone as if the mere sight of me made her want to gouge her eyes out. Straightening her back and holding her head higher, presenting herself as she usually did, as if she were better than everyone else. A chuckle escaped my mouth as I shook my head. "We're both team captains Lex, you know we both end up having to stay later than our team" she didn't respond but an annoyed sigh escaped her mouth. I turned back to my bag as I unzipped it to pull out a towel.

"You got lucky" she sated out of nowhere after a couple of minutes of silence that I had been using to remove my cleats. "Huh" I glanced in her direction only to see her just staring at me with a cold look in her eyes. "You heard me, you and your team got lucky" she repeated and I chuckled again.