At first Jacob froze, finally with a groan he responded, unable to resist what he had been yearning so long for. Jacob rested his hands on Leah’s waist, feeling her soft curves under his touch. Leah ran her hands through Jacob’s hair, pulling him closer.

Leah moaned slightly and Jacob could feel himself falling in to the bliss that he feared. Pulling away from Leah abruptly he sat her at arm’s length.

“I can’t” Jacob said before turning and stalking angrily away.

Leah watched Jacob go with a smile on her face, Jacob was not lost to her, only himself and Leah knew without a doubt that Jacob would be back.

***********************************************

Abby walked without hesitation, straight to Magda’s tent. Abby’s mind was now strongly connected to Zane’s; it astounded her how she could feel Zane stirring, back from the brink of death. Calli stood at the entrance to the tent wringing her hands together in anticipation; her eyes were full of questions. Abby stopped before her, grunting slightly as Marcus ran in to her back.

“Sorry” Marcus grumbled.

“It is done “Abby stated “He’s waking up now”

Abby smiled at the sheer joy in Calli’s eyes, making Abby glad she had chosen to turn Zane. If Abby could not be with the one she loved she was going to make sure her friends did not suffer the same fate.

“Can I see him?” Calli asked.

Abby shook her head “Not yet, when we’re sure I promise you can see him”

Calli glared at Marcus “You mean when he’s sure Zane’s not a threat you mean. Abby you and I both know Zane would never do that”

Abby didn’t need to look at Marcus to see the anger in his eyes. “Calli, please. Zane’s not going anywhere, we need to make sure, not for Marcus but for the whole camp”

Calli huffed and began to pace outside the tent.

“Fine, I’ll just wait here”

Before Marcus could object Abby nodded, placing her hand on Calli’s arm. “Soon” Abby promised.

Marcus and Abby both entered the tent together. Magda sat at Zane’s side, rising as Abby took her place. Marcus stood with his weapon drawn just in case.  Zane’s eyes were fluttering as if waiting for the right time to open. Abby leaned down close to Zane’s ear.

“It’s time brother” Abby whispered.

Zane’s eyes shot open, he took in a deep breath as he gazed in to Abby’s eyes. The first thing Abby noticed was that Zane’s eyes remained the same; she could sense no blood lust in him.

“Abby?” Zane asked in wonder.

“How do you feel?” Abby asked.

Zane thought for a moment, realizing he had never felt stronger or more complete in his whole life. Zane smiled slowly.

“I feel great, what the hell did you do to me?”

Abby laughed. “I’m sorry Zane but I had to turn you”

“Really?” Zane asked, raising his eyebrows “Coz I definitely don’t feel like a Vampire”

Abby reached for Zane’s hand. Zane jumped in shock. The second Abby made contact with Zane’s skin he was able to see what Abby had saw, see and feel how she felt. Zane quickly released her hand and sat up.

“What the hell was that?”

Abby looked at Zane in confusion. “I’m sorry; I was just trying to comfort you”

“Not that” Zane rolled his eyes “when you touched me, I felt like I was you”

“What are you talking about?” Marcus asked.

For the first time Zane noticed both Marcus and Magda were in the room. He was shocked to see that they had taken him back; Zane still blamed himself for everything that had happened.

“Err Hey” Zane said hesitantly.

“Well, come on boy, don’t keep us waiting” Magda shouted.

“It was weird; it was like I was in Abby’s head, feeling and seeing what she saw”

Magda nodded her head “You have a bond together now, you will share some gifts. It is rare to be able to see into people’s minds like that, with practice you will not only be able to see what they see but you will be able to become them”

“What!” Abby, Marcus and Zane cried simultaneously

Magda waved her hand in the air “Not now, other business to attend to. You didn’t wake up with the blood lust”

 Zane shook his head; he had no craving for blood. Zane didn’t understand what had happened to him; surely a vampire would crave blood.

Magda frowned slightly.

“What does that mean?” Marcus asked.

“Not sure yet” Magda cackled.

Abby rolled her eyes at Magda. “Zane, when I turned you I saw all your thoughts, you have no idea where Jarrod and my father are?” Abby asked hoping she had missed something.

Zane shook his head “No, why would I know where they are, what happened?”

“They were taken by The Creator just like you”

Zane could hear the pain in Abby’s voice.

“I’m sorry, this is my entire fault”

“No, it’s not” Abby said vehemently “you have to stop blaming yourself, we all do, and none of this lies on our shoulders”

Zane sighed with relief, knowing that his sister was no longer angry at him made him want to shout with joy.

“Thanks Abby, what about the others are they okay?”

Abby smiled knowing really who Zane was asking about. “Yes, Calli’s waiting for you and your friend Dillon is here too”

Zane’s eyes shone with happiness “I wouldn’t have got through it without him”

“Funny, he said the same about you”

Abby felt a sudden sharp pain in her head, raising her hand to her temple she grunted softly. Marcus rushed to her side. “Abby, what’s wrong?”

Abby waved him off, looking at Zane she said “We’ll talk more soon, I have to go”

“Abby… “Zane started but she was gone.

Abby stood in front of Calli, still clutching her head.

“Are you okay?” Calli asked.

Abby nodded. “Go, he’s waiting for you” Abby could see Calli’s hesitation. “Go. I’m fine”

Calli reluctantly left, not wanting to abandon her friend when she seemed in pain. Abby turned to Marcus, who as always was by her side.

“Abby what is it?” Marcus asked in concern.

Abby’s eyes lit up despite the pain. “It’s Julius, he’s calling me. We have to go. Now”

 *******************

 What do you think? There will be more on what Zane can do a bit further on, didn't want to give it away all at once lol. Thanks for reading, voting and commenting xxxxx