When she shook herself out of her thoughts, she found herself in front of Chahee's house. Her initial nerves started to come up again and she went over her 'lines' one more time as she pressed the doorbell.
She had to wait a while, which didn't really help her nerves a bit. After what felt like an eternity, Chahee opened the door. Her flashing white smile, blue ocean eyes and undeniably beautiful blonde hair looked perfect as always and made Jennie weak in the knees.

"Hey, Jen." Chahee smiled at the girl and Jennie was surprised that she could still stand up normally.
Jennie's mind drifted to the brown eyed stranger and she felt her confidence build as she grinned, straightened her posture and held her head up.

"Hey Chahee, how are you? Are you enjoying your break already?" She asked surprisingly smoothly. She high fived herself in her mind, nothing could go wrong now, this was a solid start.

"Yeah, it's okay so far." Chahee chuckled which made Jennie smile. She has always loved the sound of people laughing or chuckling wholeheartedly. It meant that even though life wasn't always okay, in that moment, people forgot. And of course, she also smiled because Chahee's laugh was the cutest thing she had ever heard. Although, the brown eyed girls laugh was very inviting... No, what was she thinking. It was Chahee's. Of course.

"But, uh.." Chahee voice brought Jennie out of her thoughts. "Is everything alright? Do you want to come in?" That's when Jennie lost all her chill.

"I..uhm...I didn't.." She started to stutter but stopped herself before she could make things worse. She took a moment to breathe and accepted the fact that she probably looked like a complete dork right then. She looked up at Chahee's eyes again and they were filled with confusion and amusement. Jennie smiled again

"Well, no. That's okay." Jennie settled on, knowing that if she would have come inside she would make a complete fool of herself. Not that she didn't want to, because man, she really really wanted to. Chahee's expression went to confused again and Jennie interjected her before she could speak.

"I'm actually here because, I really want to go on a date with you Chahee. I was actually really nervous and still am, omg." She nervously chuckled and went on. "I really wanted to go on a date with you and I wanted to know if you want it too, do you?" She said rather confidently. She almost wanted to say please, but stopped herself. Chahee's confused expression softened and she thought for a second, Jennie was sweet, pretty and one of the nicest people she knew so, why not really?

"Yes." She nodded. "I would like that, Jen." She smiled. Jennie let out a breath she was totally aware of holding in.

"Okay, good." She let slip out, she quickly looked at Chahee to see if she heard, and she did. She just chuckled and Jennie could feel her face flushing.

"How about, tomorrow?" Chahee proposed. "Maybe movies or something?" She went on. Jennie happily nodded and smiled as they said their goodbyes. They agreed on texting each other a time an place and Jennie left, Not before finally doing that little happy dance she wanted to. She thought no one was looking but Chahee saw her from her window. Chahee just laughed and shook her head playfully though. As Jennie walked back home, the brown eyed girl somehow flowed back in her mind. She wished she could push the fact that Chahee said yes in her face. 'Expert' her ass.

Before she knew it she was back home and in her room and immediately pulled out her phone, being welcomed by multiple messages in the groups chat with her friends.

(4.53 p.m) Rosé: Soooooo.....?
(4.57 p.m) Nayeon: Jen, what did she say!!!
(5.14 p.m) Irene: Yo Jen, are you gonna get some, or nah.

Jennie halfheartedly rolled her eyes at Irene's remark and started typing away about how it went. Starting from when she was in front of Chahee's door, because the brown eyed stranger's part wasn't important, right? No, no it wasn't. She decided and sent her long ass story to her friends with a proud smile. It didn't take long before she got her responses.

(5.23 p.m) Irene: get it Jen!
(5.23 p.m) Rosé: yaayyy!!
Nayeon just sent a bunch of smirking emoji's followed by a few other ones and it didn't take long before Jennie understood what they meant. She just chose to ignore Nayeon and sent a smiling emoji her friends way. Even Nayeon common inappropriateness couldn't spoil her mood. Nothing could wipe that smile off her face, right then.

She opened her laptop and scrolled through Tumblr for a while until she heard a soft knock on her door, followed by Ella, her little sister, coming into the room and koala hugging her. Their relationship has always been very good and she loved Ella so much, and would do anything for her. Maybe it was the age gap, but Jennie and Ella barely ever disagreed or even fought. There was just so much love. Ella let go of Jennie and started jumping up and down on her bed.

"Finally, schools over!" Jennie managed to hear her little sister say in-between giggles and heavy breathing. Ella made Jennie's mood even better and Jennie started to feel a little bit goofy, resulting to her joining her sister in her jumping.

"Yaay!" She squealed along. After a lot of jumping and giggles, the girls sat down on the edge of the bed.

"Mom, said I had to come get you, dinner is ready." Ella panted, remembering her reason to come.

"Let's go then." Jennie said, lifting her little sister on her back. They walked through their large house and finally entered the dining area. Sometimes Jennie wondered why they had such a big house while they were a family of just 4 people, but it had always been that way. And she didn't want to seem underappreciative or anything, so she always just dropped it. The Kim sisters sat down and soon enough, they were eating. The family talked about basic things and Dara, Jennie's mother, asked how Jennie's day went. The girl pursed her lips. Should she say it? She didn't want to spoil the mood or anything. However, she decided on it anyway.

"I asked someone out today." Jennie said rather proudly. Her father, Jiyong, tensed up immediately. As did her mother, but with her, it was mostly because she didn't know what was about to come. There was a moment of silence. A very awkward one, filled with Jennie waiting for response, Her father looking down and repeatedly hitting his plate with his fork and Ella just looking back and forth very confused, not knowing what was happening.

"It's Chahee, Dad. You'll really like her. She's amazing." Camila spoke again, now very insecurely. Nothing changed, unless her dad just looking away from her and down to his plate where he was still making the obnoxious noise. Her mother was very accepting of Jennie being gay. Her father, however, not so much. He still loved her very much. God, he loved his daughters unconditionally, but whenever Jennie would talk about a girl, or her sexuality. He wouldn't have it. He would just be quiet until somebody started talking about something else. He tried to understand where his daughter was coming from, but her sexuality was making him confused. He didn't like the fact that there was something he didn't have control off in his daughter's life as long as she was living under his roof.

Dara subtly shook her head, signaling for Jennie to drop it. And like always, she did. This time she was determined to bring it up again, and she was determined to have an actual conversation with her father about it, one day. Almost nothing could wipe that smile off her face.