Chant

"Finally, I get a day off from those 2. They're too energetic" I say to myself as I walk into a bar on the 5th floor. 

The town's surprisingly lively. The streets are filled with people, the bars are always full, just overall it's pretty fun. However, I doubt it'll stay like this for long. The higher up we go in this floating castle, the higher the death toll will be. The more floors we clear, the more space opens up. The game has a clear design, and while it's not bad, the later floors will look like ghosts towns. There will definitely be largely populated areas on certain floors, like the town of beginnings, hosting thousands of players. However, all of the work put into future floors' towns was probably been wasted.

In any case, now that I've got time to spend, I shouldn't waste it. I cherish time I have alone, so I was thinking doing some sword swings and grinding on my own. Other than when I'm sleeping, I don't really have time to myself, so maybe doing some sword swings and killing some monsters alone might be a good way of spending my time.

If only that actually happened.

As I sat down at a table, I noticed a familiar player with a dark blue coat around him. He was getting several hostile glances by everyone passing by. If we were in an actual school, you'd see him getting beat up by the local bad boys.

"Pretty pathetic to see you in this state Kirito." I said as I took a seat in front of him. He woke up from his train of thought as he noticed me sitting in front of him. He looked surprised. Of course he would. After parting ways the last thing he expected was for me to talk to him so casually as if nothing happened. 

"Come one, what's wrong? Aren't you happy to see your old friend again." I said even though we just met in SAO.

He sighed and said "I thought the message was clear. It's better for you to stay away from someone with my reputation". 

"Always so serious aren't you? It wouldn't hurt to smile occasionally" I said poking fun at him.

As we were catching up, something, more like someone caught our attention. Someone had pulled up a chair at the center of the bar. They had something in their hands. It kind of looked like a mace, but they were holding it upside down. 

"Don't tell me that's meant to be a guitar!". I exclaimed in surprise. "That thing barely looks like an instrument. Right Kiri-" as I looked back at him, he was already gone. He really doesn't want me to get involved with him. Well whatever. 

Hold up. I recognize these notes, I know how to play this song in the piano! They're from... Ugh, what was it called again? Ummm. Hikari, no. Hikaru Nara. HIKARU NARA! That's it. I loved that song. Leave it to a professional weeb like me to know that song. As they opened their mouth, a young beautiful feminine voice could be heard across the room. The lyrics echoed throughout the room, as the soundwaves bounced against the walls of the bar. Everyone was looking in awe at this performance. 

I noticed some icons at the top left of my field of vision, below my healthbar. These seemed like stat buffs. As I looked more into it, I saw these weren't minor buffs. A 20% buff to every single numerical stat. That's insane! But I didn't take any items to get any buffs, and i haven't ordered any special food. Could it be this girl's singing?

As she finished the song, everyone in the bar cheered and clapped. She began walking out of the bar, but there were some things I needed to clarify before she left.

"Maaaan, that performance was amazing! I would never be able to sing and play the guitar so well." I said as I approached this girl. 

"Thank you very much. I appreciate the compliment". The girl said said standing firm with a smile on her face. You could tell she's really passionate about what she does. She had honey colored eyes and fairly short light brown hair, with a neatly tied ponytail running down the left side of her face. She wore a white hood with a plain deep red-tunic. "That was Hikaru Nara right? From Your Lie in April"