𝒙𝒊. call to action

𝐕𝐎𝐋𝐔𝐌𝐄 𝐎𝐍𝐄: The Lion, The Witch & The Wardrobe ──── 𝟏𝟏

𝐕𝐎𝐋𝐔𝐌𝐄 𝐎𝐍𝐄: The Lion, The Witch & The Wardrobe ──── 𝟏𝟏. Call To Action

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

It felt like a dream.

     Katherine had woken up in her bed when something soft and slightly cold grazed her cheek. Pink petals in the form of a bodiless figure stood before her as other petals floated around it. Startled for the second time that day, she reached for her staff, but the Dryad reassured her.

     "Be still, my princess." Her silk voice immediately settled her nerves. "I bring grave news from your sisters."

     Katherine shot up from her horizontal position on her bed at the mention of her sisters. "Susan and Lucy? Where are they? Are they okay?"

     "They're in mourning. Aslan and Eden have both passed on, at the Witch's hand. They were sacrificed in the place of your brother's treachery."

     It wasn't a dream after all.

     Her heart ached. For Aslan. For Eden. For her sisters. Especially her sisters, who had innocent minds. There was no doubt in her mind that they'd be scarred for a while, or forever. The news when it had eventually spread throughout the camp initiated preparations. It came to the siblings' realization that neither Aslan or Eden informed them of anything related to their sacrifice.

     Edmund had expressed how terribly he felt for both figures of Narnia to take his place, sparing his life when he thought he deserved everything coming to him, and would come to him if the Witch had gotten ahold of him again. Katherine was angered that he was angry at himself. Edmund was a young boy, who was naïve — as they all were in the beginning — but Katherine never considered him at fault.

     If the same thing were to happen to him again, during the war, she'd take his place as Aslan and Eden had done. No questions asked.

     "She's right. They're gone." Emerging from Aslan's tent, having talked to the Dryad, Peter met eyes with the four of them — Katherine, Edmund, Oreius, and Rowan — and leaned his hands on the table.

"Then you'll have to lead us," said Edmund. Peter raised his head to look at his brother, his eyes speaking for himself. "Peter, there's an army out there, and it's ready to follow you."

"I can't."

"Aslan believed you could. And so do we."