𝒊𝒊. at a crossroads

𝐕𝐎𝐋𝐔𝐌𝐄 𝐎𝐍𝐄: The Lion, The Witch & The Wardrobe ──── 𝟎𝟐

𝐕𝐎𝐋𝐔𝐌𝐄 𝐎𝐍𝐄: The Lion, The Witch & The Wardrobe ──── 𝟎𝟐. At A Crossroads

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

     To say Lucy Pevensie was anxious to play outside and explore the professor's very own Garden of Eden — what it seemed like — was an understatement. The very first thing she did once she had awakened was wake everyone else up at the actual crack of dawn.

     "Come on, come on, come on! While the day is still new and the sun is up!" Yelling as Lucy jumped onto Katherine's bed.

     The sleeping girl had cracked her eyes open to be greeted by Lucy's grinning self. "Couldn't you have stayed asleep a little while more? I reckon it's seven in the morning."

     "While the day is new and the sun is up!" She'd kept repeating until finally, Katherine got up, along with the rest of the Pevensies.

     But now it was raining. The London weather was gloomy, sullen, blue.

     "Gas-tro-vascular." Susan sounded out, pronouncing the word very precisely. The clouds had covered the sun, making the parlor dim. Lucy was perched on the window ledge, peering through the raindrops rolling down the glass. Meanwhile, the other four sat in almost a circle with the exception of Edmund laying on the ground. "Come on, Peter. Gastrovascular."

     "It is Latin?" He questioned.

"Yes."

"Is it Latin for 'worst game ever invented'?" Edmund joked, but no one reacted positively to it. Susan narrowed her eyes at him and slammed the large dictionary closed that was perched in her lap.

Lucy stood from the bay window and made her way around the chair Peter occupied. To the two oldest, she suggested, "We could play hide and seek."

"But we're already having so much fun." Katherine smiled to suppress a laugh at Peter's sarcastic tone, hiding behind a book she held in front of herself.

"Come on, Peter, please." Lucy pleaded, shaking his arm. She then bounced to Katherine and gripped her arm as well, causing her to lower the book. "Kat, please? Pretty please?"

     Said female tilted her head as if she was thinking, even though she had an answer from the beginning. She pursed her lips at Lucy's puppy dog eyes — eyes that no one could resist, including the pout that came with it. Unless they were Helen Pevensie.