02/11/20

Amazon Rain Forest

The Amazon rainforest, covering much of northwestern Brazil and extending into Colombia, Peru and other South American countries, is the world's largest tropical rainforest, famed for its biodiversity. It's crisscrossed by thousands of rivers, including the powerful Amazon. River towns, with 19th-century architecture from rubber-boom days, include Brazil's Manaus and Belém and Peru's Iquitos and Puerto Maldonado.

Area covering, 5.5 million km². Located in Bolivia, Brazil, Colombia, Ecuador, French Guiana (France), Guyana, Peru, Suriname, and Venezuela. Coordinated in 3°S 60°W / 3°S 60°W.

Multiple plants live in this forest.
Such as Giant Water Lily, Victoria Amazonica.
Heliconia, Heliconia Latispatha.
Cacao, Theobroma cacao.
Passion Flower, Passiflora edulis.
Coffee Plant, Coffea Arabica.
Monkey Brush Vines, Combretum Rotundifolium.
Orchid, Orchidaceae.

It has a high temperature. The climate known to be very hot, humid, and damp. An average temperature of 27 degrees. Seasons don't really exist here. Not Summer, not Winter, not Autumn, not Spring. Just one humid season with tons of rain.

Many animals are known to refuge here. Such as jaguars, Harpy Eagles, Pink River Dolphins, as well as Sloths, Black Spider Monkeys, and Poison Dart Frogs. Including Fresh Water fish and plenty of lizards and reptiles.

The Amazon Rainforest was in flames during some of 2019, and in 2020. Killing so many poor animals, and burning down the trees, putting smoke in the air. Soldiers have been putting out fires to extinguish the flames yet there is very little luck and is one of the 'terrible things' that happened in 2020.

The Amazon rainforest plays an important part in regulating the world's oxygen and carbon cycles. It produces roughly six percent of the world's oxygen and has long been thought to act as a carbon sink, meaning it readily absorbs large amounts of carbon dioxide from the atmosphere.