PART THIRTY: THE ASHES WHERE HE WAS REBORN (2/2)

Start from the beginning

One day, Heinz's office swinged opened. As they looked at him, it seemed like he bathed with his own sweats. He was panting as well, chasing his breath.

"Ballpen..." he said and started to look for some. "I need a ballpen..."

Yet, no one was moving. They were all just looking at him, confused.

"I need a pen and a paper, please!" he exclaimed and someone lent him one.

As they looked at what he was writing, they saw him writing an address.

"GOV. PASCUAL, 10TH AVE., GRACE PARK."

Tyler's eyes widened.

He heard something about it. That Heinz can dream of deaths and can actually see the address where the murder took place.

"A black car," he said. "Someone will be hit by a black car. It wasn't an accident, I... I saw the dream. As if... As if I was personally there. It...It's different... I mean... It's-"

"Calm down first, okay? Take it easy," Avery said, looking at him. He was literally shaking, his legs were even trembling. He was sweating hard and his eyes were uneasy.

Tyler was actually disturbed.

"What do you mean it was different?" Tyler asked.

"Whenever I dream of their deaths, it was... it always feels like...like I wasn't in the scene. I was not in the scene as Heinz. It was always like... like I was the victim, that's why I can see the every detail and hear their every agony..." he said.

Tyler and Newt exchanged eye contacts.

"B-But now... now in my dream... I... I wasn't the victim. It seemed like I was in the scene. Like... like I was watching. Normally, I would be on the point of view of the victim. But now... I was watching the victim. That's why I saw a car, hindi s'ya gumagalaw, n-nakaparada lang. And when it saw the victim, h-he moved and along in the Gov. Pascual 10th Avenue, Grace Park, as I saw on the road sign, the car hits the victim...and...and... c-crashed its face..."

They gasped.

"W-We gotta go there..." he said, tears in his eyes. "T-The victim... s-she just had her pregnancy test a-and she was... she was pregnant. She was going to show it to her boyfriend b-but she... she died- No, she was killed. Let's go there. Please... parang awa n'yo na..."

Heinz was sweating more hard and trembling harder than before.

Something was forming in Tyler's mind. He had to test his gift; if it was real or not. He looked at Heinz and gulped.

"Where did you see it again?"

So they went there and tried to stop the woman in all they might but they can't. The woman died the way Heinz predicted it; she got crashed by a car.

Heinz insisted to quit and he can't blame him. It was a tragedy and he wasn't able to alter the fate he saw and he can't blame him.

"Nakokonsensya ka 'no?" tanong ni Newt.

He can't answer because he did. Sobra siyang na-guilty.

Nalaman din nila na si Avery ay ginagawang alila ng superior nito. Gusto sana niyang alamin kung bakit pero pinigilan siya ni Newt.

Nang umulan nang malakas at alam niyang walang dalang payong si Avery nang bumili ito ng kape ay naghanap agad siya ng payong.

Dali-dali siyang bumaba ngunit pagdating niya sa lobby ay nakita niya na magka-silong si Avery at Heinz sa iisang coat at sabay na tumatakbo papunta sa building.