(a short but sweet phone call)

HC#58: The BTS VCR plays, and she hears the fangirls squealing. Tzuyu thinks to herself: At the end of the day, she gets to call this man hers... In this roomful of people with Soribada trophies and awards, she knows she's the only real winner.

「 First posted on Twitter: Aug. 15, 2020 | Rated G | 300 words 」

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

He's the first person she calls when the awards are finally finished. 

He picks up after the first ring. "Hi, you," Taehyung says in greeting. She could hear him beaming through the phone. "Congratulations again to Twice! I'm so proud of you and your unnies."

"I'm so happy for you and Bangtan too," she says. "Congrats on your Daesang, oppa. That's a big deal." 

"Thank you." She could imagine him smiling happily. "I miss you. Is the ceremony done?" 

"Yes," she says. "I miss you, too. I wish you were here."

"Aw... I'm sorry I couldn't be there, baby. Is something wrong?" 

Tzuyu feels a tap on her shoulder. Her manager signals that they have to go. She nods her agreement. "No, oppa, it's nothing," she reassures him. "I... guess I just wanted to hear your voice."

"Are you sure?" he asks. "You know you can tell me anything, right?" 

"Yes," she laughs. She turns to follow her manager. "I just haven't seen you all week, and it's strange not to see you during awards." 

"I know," he says, sounding sad. "I'll see you Friday. I promise."

"I can't wait," she says. "Let's do something fun." 

"Oh, we will," he says, a hint of teasing in his voice. 

"Mmm," she teases back, deliberately lowering her voice. "Looking forward to it."

"Tzuyu-ya, let's go," Jihyo calls out. 

"I have to go now, oppa," she says. "We're going to dinner. Then we may do a Live afterwards." 

"Okay baby," he says. "Please eat well. And tell Jeongyeon-ssi I hope she feels better today." 

"Thank you, oppa. I will. I love you."

"I love you more," he replies, and Tzuyu hangs up. 

She hurries to catch up to her unnies.She can't help feeling she really is the luckiest girl in the world. 

FIN

━━━━━━━━━━

☆ Please vote and comment if you like this part :)
☆ Consider adding this book to your TaeTzu reading list, so other fans can read it, too
☆ Check out my other drabbles and fic threads on twitter.com/taetzuheadcanon!