Chapter 2 - A New Dawn (Part II)

A/N: Dialogue will look like this from Chapter Two onwards. I apologize in advance for the abrupt changes.

-

[Class 3-B (Timeskip to Lunch Period) - Akira's POV]

After a few classes later, it was already the start of our lunch period. Most of my classmates either went out of the classroom to eat outside while some stayed behind and ate their lunch here inside the classroom. As for me, I opted to stay behind in the classroom just like a few of my classmates.

As I settled down, I took out my bento box from my bag and opened it to see my favorite food; Chicken Curry.

Akira: 'Hehe, who knew that I'd be having the food of the gods for lunch! Thanks for the meal, Kami-sama!'

???: "U-umm... E-excuse me..."

However, before I could even take my first bite, I was interrupted by a familiar feminine voice. I looked up to my right to see Udagawa-san standing beside my desk with a wrapped bento box in her hands.

Udagawa: "Do you mind if I have lunch with you?"

My purple-haired classmate politely offered. But she sounded a bit nervous when she spoke.

(A/N: Sorry if Ako sounded a bit OOC at this part... >_<)

Akira: "Sure, I don't mind. I could really use some company right now."

Udagawa: "Really? Thank you!"

She eagerly pulled up a chair in front of my desk and sat down with her bento box on top of the table.

Akira & Udagawa: "Itadakismasu~!"

After a few moments of eating in silence, I was the first one to speak up.

Akira: "Hey, why don't we play a little game together while we eat?"

Udagawa: "Mmh? Why do you ask?"

Akira: "Well, it would be too boring and awkward if we just sit and eat together."

Udagawa-san rubbed her chin while chewing on her food to give it some thought. A moment later, she swallowed her food and finally spoke.

Udagawa: "Alright! I'm in! So, what kind of game are we playing?"

Akira: "To answer your question..."

I put down my chopsticks on the table and then pulled out a deck of playing cards from my pocket.