Hartley Rathaway

Two weeks.

He hadn't called me in two weeks, didn't send a message, didn't give a sign of life.

I was getting desperate, Hartley wasn’t like that, at least not with me, after he was fired from the STAR Lab he didn’t even have contact with the people there, but of course I was the exception, we kept talking all  day, there was even a time when he asked me out.

But now he didn't answer me and I think it must have been for something I did, I don't know what it could be, maybe he just didn't like my company anymore, I confess that I may have started to create a certain  feeling towards him, but it may not be reciprocal.

I decide to leave my room and go to the living room to read a book in front of the fireplace, it was quite cold because it was raining a lot.

I sat in my chair and read one of my favorite books in order to make time go by faster, but I always found myself thinking about Hartley.

A while later, I hear my doorbell ring, I wasn't expecting anyone until a hint of hope hit me.

Hartley.

It could be him, I get up faster than lightning and I go straight to answer the door, I don't even look right in the peephole and open the door, facing him.

Hartley was a little hurt and quite wet from the rain, I opened my mouth to ask what happened, so he did the last thing I imagined.

He kissed me.

He kissed me as if his life depended on it, the kiss was full of love and affection, when we parted for shortness of breath, he put our foreheads and said:

- I thought I was going to die without kissing you.

- Where have you been?  I was worried about you.

- I promise I'll explain myself, but I need to change and take care of these injuries.  - He says with a smile at the end.

- Sure, come and see if I can find some clothes from my cousin here for you to use and then I will take care of your injuries.

After he has changed, I grab a first aid kit and sit across from him.

- This would be a good time for you to explain what happened.  - I say passing a medicine on his wounds.

- Well, I kind of got into an ugly fight, but I don't want to talk about it right now.

- Okay, but because you didn't answer my messages, I was very worried about you.

- I don't know how to explain it properly, but I promise it won't happen anymore.

- I think it's good, but now explain something to me, why did you kiss me?

- Because I missed you.

He speaks, he didn't know what to say so I just stick our lips together again, not long after he kisses me back, then we parted and I say:

- I missed you too.