Penumbra X Male Reader

Start from the beginning

__________

5 minutes later, Penumbra revealed her secret laboratory which she let you into.
"So, as you know Sunblast while a dunce is a force to be reckoned with. He is the number 1 hero of Atreno after all. But we will somehow need to neutralize him and take his blood."
Said penumbra digging through old blueprints to previous inventions she had been working on to take down Sunblast.
Upon looking around her lab You found an old picture of her before the incident. She was young and beautiful.

"Night Walker? May I have your assistance?" Asked Penumbra You turned to see her standing next to a large machine with an open hatch as she was fixing the wires inside, with a pare of safety goggles on

Asked Penumbra
You turned to see her standing next to a large machine with an open hatch as she was fixing the wires inside, with a pare of safety goggles on.
"Yes?"
"Can you push the other one a little closer to this one? My new invention is almost finished"
You turned to see an identical large curved machine
"Fine."
You said
"Cool beans"
Penumbra gave you a thumbs up with a hopeful smile
You rolled your eyes, and shoved your gun back into your holster, and wanted no time pushing the machinery object "a little closer" as she put it, but as expected it was as heavy as an Empire State Building.
You grunted and almost yelled as you had been pushing and shoving the machine with all your might closer to the other, but to hers and your surprise you managed to get it moving, despite the fact you had been trying to get it moving for almost a full minute.
Penumbra finished fixing the wiring in the machine and closed the hatch
"Night Walker, I'm finished! Oh, that's good enough !"
Penumbra raised her hand out for you to stop, and you let out a dramatic sigh and fell to the ground, catching your fall by slamming your hands onto the floor.
"Oh, Night Walker! Your exhausted! And sweating! Here, you need to take this off."
Penumbra got up and attempted to take off your mask, you swatted her hand away on instinct
"No.."
You grunted
"But...you'll have a stroke.."
she said as you leaned your back against the machine
"I'm...you don't want to see my real face.."
You breathed heavily
"..why?"
Asked Penumbra
"...you...you just don't...you won't like what you see.."
You turned your head away from her, looking the other direction. Hoping that Penumbra would heed these warnings, all it did was make her scientific mind more curious, and eager to discover something new, just like making a big breakthrough in her laboratory.
Penumbra bent down to your level, and she slowly raised her hand out taking advantage of you still almost out of energy, and she grabbed the bottom chin part of your mask and became slowly raising it upwards
"N—no!..."
You grunted
Penumbra gasped, her eyes dilated when she pulled your mask off and held it in her hands.
Your skin was a pale as her, your eyes were as cold and dark with white dots where your pupils once were, and singed black hair.
"Y...y—your infected..I...I'm so sorry!..."
Penumbra whimpered
"I..I was caught up in that incident when half the population of Atreno got exposed to your...you know."
Penumbra looked down at your mask, and she sighed, feeling a tidal wave of guilt coming her way.
"I don't understand. It's my fault. I did this to you. I'm the reason you look the way you are, just like all the poor men, women, children, and animals look the way they do. And your a vigilante, you've killed many great supervillains over the years responsible for several war crimes. Why did you decide to help me?"
She asked looking back, and looking into your eyes.
You were silent.
"....I don't know...maybe, I saw an opportunity for redemption. Maybe, when I saw you, I saw a chance at being well again. I'm already discriminated against and shunned by my fellow human beings for what happened to me. Or maybe..because, I understood you to an extent. I looked your history, and found everything that happened until this point and I could see, that you weren't as evil as the media portrays you to be."
Penumbra was silent, she wasn't expecting that at all.
You then turned your head focusing your attention to the machine.
"So, would you mind explaining what this is?"
You asked
"Oh! Ofcourse! L-let let me just.."
Penumbra then walked to her controls, and she pressed a button with started up the machine, it flowed blue with electric sparks.
"This, is a shrinking ray machine. I planned to lure Sunblast into my lair and when I caught him off guard, I would shrink him rendering him powerless, so I could extract his blood and create a cure."
You stood back looking in awe at the device.
You and Penumbra hatched a plan to lure Sunblast back to her lab, to which of course you were actually the bait but you didn't protest, You longed to get a chance to finally end Sunblast. That being said, you were smart enough to know that couldn't beat Sunblast head on, despite how much you hate him.
So, you hatched a plan and gave Penumbra specific instructions to wait at the lab, while you went into Atreno in the night to bring out Sunblast, while Penumbra watched for you from a invisible drone, and coincidentally Sunblast was actually out looking for you specifically.
You found him flying in the sky holding a wanted poster of you with a million dollar reward if you were caught.
"Looking for me?"
You called out to him standing on a water tower.
"You! Your the Hero Killer!?"
Sunblast yelled
"And you must be the anti-Superman wannabe everyone in Atreno is praising. Needless to say, I'm not impressed."
"Oh, that's it. Your going down vigilante !"
Sunblast prepared a fist and flew down at full speed, to which you dodged the attack making Sunblast's attack to destroy the water tower instead, you touch down on a nearby building watching as Sunblast indirectly made water flood out onto the streets of Atreno turning it into a big water slide.
"Getting a bit out of control, ey Sunblast? Though, I wouldn't be surprised, seeing how you literally went to beat up a guy wearing a barf bag simply because he was a 'nerd'."
You stood there and mocked the false hero, as people then looked up in shock
"Oh my god. Was that Sunblast?!"
A man shouted
"Did Sunblast just break the water tower?"
Asked a woman
"But why!? Sunblast is the good guy!"
Said a child
"Adios amigo"
You then darted backwards running back to Penumbra's lab.
"Why you...I'll crush you!"
Sunblast flew after you taking the bait. Perfect.
The chase through Atreno lasted over a minute, practically a game of hide and seek with you and Sunblast, as you eventually made it back to Penumbra's hideout and leaped down into a passage way, as Sunblast then broke a whole in the ceiling touching down in the perfect spot.
"Alright vigilante, no more games! Fight me man to man!"
Said Sunblast as a feminine evil laugh filled the room as a chair then turned around facing Sunblast revealing Penumbra petting her mouse
"Sunblast. I've been expecting you."
She laughed
"Penumbra!? Wait, you and the hero killer??"
Asked Sunblast
"Indeed! An unlikely alliance, it is. But a dangerous duo !"
Said Penumbra
"Whatever-"
Sunblast prepared to punch her but suddenly couldn't move, as if his legs were glued to the ground, to which he looked down to find purple sticky goo on his feet holding him in place
"Didn't your parents ever tell you to be more respectful towards women?"
You asked stepping out of the shadows holing the gun that shot the purple goo at Sunblast's feet.
"Outstanding move !"
Said Penumbra
"Now. Do it !"
You said
You didn't have to tell her twice, as Penumbra then flipped the switch on the machine, Sunblast began to shrink in a puny size while he dramatically shouted no.
Once the machine powered down, you went and scooped Sunblast up in a jar concealing him in as Penumbra clapped with joy
"Wonderful!"
Said Penumbra then taking the jar
"Now then. You and I are going to have a long conversation."
Said Penumbra