When we're older you'll be my bride (TsukiHina)

Start from the beginning

"Oh really?" The blonde blinked a couple of times, trying to process this. What did Shoyo mean, he wasn't even that nice? Shoyo hardly ever disliked people! He always saw the good in a person which, at least in Kei's eyes, was a blessing and a curse so this guy must be extremely messed up for him not to like him. "Well if he's so mean to you, why not tell your mum?"

He scoffed. "She doesn't believe me. Like, ever." A pout formed on his face and he crossed his legs, going into full sulk mode. "It's so totally lame! She just believes some douche bag who walked into her life, what, four months ago over her own son? That's lousy!"

Kei sighed, that did sound pretty unfortunate. "Yeah that sounds pretty sucky... but that doesn't mean weddings are stupid. I, for one, thing weddings are pretty cool."

"I didn't think you were the lovey-dovey type." Shoyo giggled, hugging his knees into his chest.

"No, I'm being serious." The megane one rolled his eyes, shuffling around until he was sat directly next to his friend. "Weddings are cool and I'm not taking criticism on that." The other opened his mouth to argue but Kei covered it. "What part of I'm not taking criticism do you not understand? That's code for shut up, you dummy." He removed his hand from Shoyo's mouth, ignoring the pout that had come back onto his face. "Think about it, everyone dresses up all nice and they're all happy in each other's company. How often do families actually do that?"

"Not very often..." His voice trailed off and he rested his chin on his knees, his eyes loosing focus and zoning out.

"Exactly!" The other was getting quite animated at this point which was pretty rare for him. "The bride wears this really long flowy dress and she always looks beautiful, no exceptions, ever! Plus, the groom wears a matching suit and they look like absolute couple goals. At least, that's what my big brother says..."

Shoyo giggled to himself, looking at his best friend and tilting his head slightly with his signature grin on his face. "You really do love you brother, huh? I swear you take everything he says as... well, you listen to him like it's your religion!"

He suddenly got flustered and started rubbing the back of his neck, bashfully looking away from the ginger. "I guess so... but there's no need to call me out on it, you hear?" He looked back at him and suddenly pointed at him, causing the other to recoil slightly as his eyes widened. "Tell you what. One day, when we're older, I'll make you my bride. Maybe then you'll understand where I'm coming from." He smiled smugly, like he'd done something there.

Shoyo blinked at him a couple of times before descending into giggles once again. "Silly Kei! You have to marry someone who you love a whole lot and want to make babies with!" He covered his mouth with his hand and laughed into it, looking away from his friend.

Kei blushed to himself and folded his arms, a grumpy aura surrounding him. "Shut up, stupid Shoyo." He puffed up his cheeks. "We can have a friend wedding and move in together."

The other's eyes lit up. "When we move in together, can we get seventeen puppies?"

He sighed. "Sure, why not. But you'll be taking care of them!"

"Then deal! I'll be your bride Kei!"

~~~

It had been a number of years since then and the boys were starting middle school. They had remained by each other's side this whole time and were literally inseparable. They were joined at the hip, like two peas in a pod. At least they were until he came along. His name was Tadashi Yamaguchi. He sat next to Tsukishima in class so, naturally, the two of them ended up spending a good chunk of their day together... without Hinata. That was expected though because Hinata wasn't in their class, he wasn't clever enough. It was ok though because they still sat together at lunch, just the two of them... until Yamaguchi overstepped his boundaries, in Hinata's opinion, and started following Tsukki to their lunch table. Shoyo didn't like the idea of sharing his best friend with someone else but what can you really do? As long as Kei was happy, it was fine by him. At least, that's the front he put up on the outside. On the inside, he was in constant fear that Yamaguchi would take Kei away from him.