¹⁶I can't believe it 𝘪𝘴 betrayal!

Mulai dari awal

Annabeth looked up from where she was tidying some of her things at a desk and smiled a little when she saw who it was.

"Hey, um, something happened with Percy," Alaska said.

"What did he do now?" Annabeth asked with an eye roll, standing up and making her way over to the door.

"I—I don't know. I think he might've passed out and he looked really sick, and he's in the infirmary now."

Annabeth frowned and quickly walked out of the door, noticing the panic in Alaska's voice, and Alaska quickly followed after, the two making their way to the infirmary.

When they made it there, Percy was situated at one of the cots with Chiron working on healing him and Argus standing in the corner of the room.

Percy's skin was gnarly colored, but it seemed to be slowly returning back to normal and his right hand was wrapped up.

"Is he gonna be okay?" Annabeth asked.

"He will be," Chiron said reassuringly. "Right now, we can only wait and hope he recovers quickly. What exactly happened?"

Chiron looked between the two girls and Annabeth looked over at Alaska.

"I'm not exactly sure," Alaska said. "Luke was leaving and I was so shocked by that, that I barely noticed Percy. He was dipping his hand in water, trying to heal it I assume, but maybe it didn't work, and he started stumbling and his voice was barely working, so I just brought him over."

Chiron nodded, digesting what she had just said, whereas Annabeth looked sad and disappointed.

"Luke left?" she asked.

Alaska blew out a breath and looked at her in pity. "Yeah," she sighed.

"Where?"

"I'm not sure," Alaska said slowly. She wasn't sure what she should and shouldn't say—Luke was gone from camp now, but who knew what he was capable of. Did he hurt Percy because of her? She hadn't said anything to anyone though. "He just ... disappeared."

"But where?"

"We'll figure this all out when the boy wakes up," Chiron said in a calming voice. "Maybe he'll know what exactly happened with Luke."

Alaska wasn't sure if she was being paranoid, but she could tell that Chiron knew she was hiding something. Maybe he understood what kind of circumstances she was in, or maybe he just didn't want to push her to reveal anything she wasn't comfortable with.

𐐪𐑂

WHEN ALASKA CAME BACK TO CHECK IN ON PERCY, she found Chiron, Argus, and Annabeth there, too. 

Argus was at his normal spot in the doorway and Chiron was by the foot of his bed in human form. Annabeth was sitting next to the bed, holding a goblet—Alaska assumed to be filled with nectar—and feeding it to Percy through a drinking straw as she pressed a washcloth to his forehead.

His eyes fluttered open and he looked around the room before his eyes fell on Annabeth and stayed there.

"Here we are again," he said.