Chapter 10 "The rose has thorns"

Danger was written all over this path, the trees were tall with creepy branches they looked like monsters. It's the kind of path that says "do not enter" but swan was a woman in love, the monster trees and dark shadows didn't scare her. Swan was in this till the end, she's a woman that's prepared to fight for what belongs to her. It's early in the morning and regina is up "did I dream it" regina asked herself getting out of bed "sweetheart did you see our guest leave?" Asked cora knocking on regina's door "no I didn't dream it". Meanwhile swan prepared her next move, Killian and her left regina's castle before the servants were up. Where are they staying if it's not regina's castle? "Well love what will we have for breakfast?" Killian asked getting out of bed with a hangover. A hidden palace in the woods us where they found themselves it was abanded so no one could catch them there "we're not eating until we've planned out this day" swan demands. The pain in Killians head was unstoppable but more was the pain on his back "that's what you get for drinking last night" swan continues "well what should we do today swan?" Swan takes out a crumbled old paper, it looked like a map "I need you to bring regina here to this palace without her mother or husband finding out". That should be a quest her mother and robin know everything that happens in this kingdom even tho the abandoned palace was hidden very well. No one has ever passed thru here so it shouldn't be a problem "ok why do I have to bring her here instead of you?" Killian asked placing a bag of ice in his head "because regina is mad at me, I doubt she would come with me if I ask her" swan says with sadness "why do you think she will listen to me? She almost killed me last night!" Killian raised his voice as he felt pain in his head "you deserve that you were harassing me, anyhow you need to get regina to trust you" swan demanded "so you need to get your crap together and go get regina". The plan was settled the day was gorgeous indeed, regina wondered were swan was. She spend the morning in her garden it helped her feel distracted, but swan was still stuck in her head. In her garden she had these Beautiful red roses they're beauty was unreal but they had torturing thorns, she admired the roses as they brought her sympathy "beautiful morning isn't it your majesty" Killian says approaching regina "what do you want?" Regina asked rolling her eyes at Killian bringing back her view to her roses "I was wondering if you can accompany me for tour of this kingdom" Killian walks in front of the roses to catch regina's attention. Regina looks up at him with a startling view why would he want regina to give him a tour? This was too suspicious and where was swan? "Your out of your mind, Go ask robin he knows this place better than me" regina walks away from killian "I did already he's far to busy as your mother also" regina feels annoyed by killian but then she wanted to know where swan was. "Maybe he can lead me to her" regina stops walking and looks at Killian "perhaps this wouldn't be a bad idea, I need to make a change in wardrobe I'll be right back" Killian aproves with a smirk "as you wish your majesty" regina walks back into her castle with a wide smile on her face. The plan is working well so far, robin and cora won't notice a thing they're too busy making they're dreams come true living in riches and luxury. What's in regina's mind? Her expressions as she looks at her reflection in her mirror aren't good, she accepted to take killian for a tour but what we're her true reasons. She's dressed in a more formal outfit something she hasn't worn in a long time a black coat, black leather pants, fine jewelry and a Evil smirk to go with it all. Regina's wondered what will she do with this killian. She has never killed a soul but she does find herself capable of doing it especially if it's someone standing in the way of her happiness. Regina walks out to meet killian "shall we get started your majesty?" he tries his best to be a charming prince but it doesn't quite work well for him. Regina rolls her eyes "where do you want to go first?" She asked "why don't we go this way?" He points towards the entrance of the forest. Regina immediately rejects the offer "no! we are not going in the forest" she demands "why not your majesty? You did ask me to choose where to start" his eyebrows raise as he talked. The forest has been a forbidden place for regina, she buried all her feelings, everything she was before deep in the forest. Going back in to this place was like coming back from the dead, her insecurities slowly came back to her she didn't want to go in the forest again but maybe that's where swan was hiding. She expressed a slight sigh and started walking towards the forest "damn you swan" she thought as all those flashbacks of swan came back to her. She did miss all the good things about the forest like the fog in the air, the smell of the trees, the autumn leaves and the sound of the river flowing. It felt good to be back in the forest "how long have you and emma been together?" Regina asked "it's been quite some time, she's such a charm" he replied. Regina turns and looks at him with rage "calm down regina" she turns back to the trail of the forest to hide her mad frustration. How could swan be with this "prince"? He had no charm what so ever "we meet and it was love at first sight.." Killian continued, regina stopped walking as so did killian standing behind her "really? You believe in love at first sight?" Regina says wickedly as she starts a fireball in her hand and this time it didn't fail. Her magic got stronger, regina found magic to be her comfort magic eased her soul as it was the only thing that would help her forget why she was miserable. Killian wonders looking thru the trees as if he was looking for someone, he has no idea what regina's about to do. She turns around ready to set the fireball straight to Killian "regina what are you doing?" Swan appears out of the tree next to Killian her shocked impression mocked regina. Regina immediately removes the fireball "were you going to kill killian again?" Swan yells "regina this isn't you, why are you doing this?" Swan continued "this is exactly who I am now swan" regina hides behind her darkness "you said you took your chances and your not that foolish and naive girl anymore, we'll I changed too swan" regina's dark magic speaks for her. Swan with a disappointed face she can't believe regina's words, regina gets closer to Killian her hand stands out towards killian and starts choking him magically. His eyes turned red as he ran out of breathe "this is all there is of me now swan" regina says turning her face to swan as she choked killian "there's only darkness". Swan follows her instincts and runs towards regina and hugs her tightly. You would've thought that swan would try to get regina to stop choking killian but instead she ran to hug her "I'm sorry for what I did to you" swan cries, regina only stands there feeling confused as she let's go of killian. Why isn't she running from regina? "I know this is my fault, but that's why I came back to save you" swan looks up at regina so close to her lips the desire of kissing her was burning inside swan,  it was so perfect and unforgettable just like the moment of they're first kiss. Regina backs away from swan and dissappears in a cloud of purple smoke. Swan wipes her tears and helps killian stand up "what just happened?" He says coughing "we need to move to plan b" she says "she can act all dark and evil as she wants but I'm not giving up on her" swan says with determination. Sure swan was more than determined she didn't care what danger she was getting herself into. What is exactly her goal? She told regina she would save her but how? One thing was confirmed that swan was not leaving without her queen.