Chapter 11

A short one but this comes to play in the next chapter. It's definetly important, so please read. Thank you for the support! I'm gonna be starting another fanfiction, so be on the lookout!!!!

-------

Newt's POV:

What the shucking heck would Minho be doing with this stuff? I mean, the only thing he uses here would probably be the maps. But Minho isn't that type of guy, he'd never betray us, not that I think he would, but I'm trying my best to convince myself he's a good guy. Wicked is bad, wicked is bad. Remember Newt, Wicked is bad.

It must've been a set up! But how could they have gotten the maps?

I must be dreaming right? Pinch test- negative. I'm still, alive and breathing, reality sucks.

Maybe this is Minho's safekeeping box that reminds him of memories? But there's a syringe of Griver poison in there, Newt you shuckface.

Ugh, but Minho! The owner of this box could've given them a deal or something, like a new pair of sneakers or something.

.

Every scenario I went over made me more and more frustrated. I couldn't take it. I need to find out why this box is here and what it's for.

I stood up and began walking to the Map Room, where Minho and Thomas are preparing for our escape. Hopefully they'd still be there- the Map room is pretty far from the homestead, and I don't want to walk all the way back.

I shut the box and take off my shirt, hoping that it conceals the chest completely. When I thought it was camouflage worthy, I walked back to the fields. Each footstep kept making me think about the scenarios that could've happened. What if-

"Hey Newt! Newt!" A rough voice called.

Why does everybody need me all of a sudden?

Like really- everybody needs me right now. And it's usually in between something important. I groaned as I turned to look at the boy.

It was one of the builders, one of Gallys close friends. I believe his name was Mike. He had shoulder length blonde hair that looked like gold locks and a narrow face, with eyes like slits. He had muscles ripping through his shirt.

"Hey Newt. Where you going?" He asked.
"Um, the homestead." I mumbled, hurrying to the building.
"But that looks like a heave of stuff you're carrying! Want me to help you?" He said in an overly generous voice.

I looked at him in an odd way. A big smile covered his face, a smile that looked too forced. His deep dimples formed on his cheeks and sweat was dropping from his chin. He pierced his blue eyes at me.

"No, I'm fine." I said.
"But I insist." Mike says, reaching for the box, his eyes never leaving it.
"I said, I'm fine." I snapped, ripping the chest from his grasp.

"I said, I can help you. Now hand it over." He said.

I looked up to see a very angry version of Goldilocks. His fists were clenched and his jaw hardened, his mouth forming a straight line. His eyebrows were furrowed and he had a very still stance, yet he was shaking as if he was angry.

"I'm fine, I just need to go see Minho real quick. Now go hurry away and build a shack or something." I gestured my hand towards the rest of the builders who were staring at us.

"But if you go alone you might get hurt. Don't wanna twist that ankle again like you did before, didn't you?" He sneered.

I gave him a nasty glare and turned around, ignoring his comment.

"We are in a glade, may I remind you that I'm not going to be attacked by a yeti anytime soon. Now leave so I can enjoy the chirping of the "wonderful" birds we have in this shucking place." I said.

"You asked for it." He said.

Mike suddenly lunged at me unexpectedly, tackling me to the ground. He reached for the chest and gladly took it, but i was too fast. I swung my leg towards his ankle where both of our ankles collided, a pang of pain surging through me. I clenched my jaw and snatched the box from his grip and ran as fast as I could. I didn't know where I was going but wherever I'm going I'm getting there fast.