Entry 11

I jumped out, dried off and dressed quickly. I don’t remember supper that evening. I don’t remember anything, not until Padme jumped in the shower, dressed and came back out. I was standing on the balcony, staring out at the city, thoughts wondering, when she came onto the balcony.

She kissed me as she walked by and I held her. She didn’t realize how much I needed her…She didn’t know about Dooku.

I wondered for a moment if I could tell her. After all, she knew about the Tusken Raiders.

She pulled away and went to the edge of the balcony and brushed her hair. Her voice interrupted my thoughts. “What was it like out there?” she asked me. She glanced at me.

I sighed. “It was…difficult. Being away from you I mean. Every second I thought about you. Protecting the endless, nameless Outer Rim settlements became a torture; the battles were easy. It was being away from you that was so hard. The longing became unbearable. I’ve never been as happy as I am at this moment,” I told her.

“Annie, I wanna have our baby back home on Naboo. We could go to the lake country where no one would know…where we could be safe. I could go early and fix up the baby’s room. I know the perfect spot…right by the gardens.”

“You are so beautiful,” I murmured to her.

“It’s only because I’m so in love,” she said. She stopped brushing her hair and turned to look at me.

“No…No it’s because I’m so in love with you,” I corrected her.

“So love has blinded you?” she asked, suddenly serious.

“Well, that’s not exactly what I meant,” I said with a laugh.

“It’s probably true,” she said. We laughed together and then just looked at each other smiling.

“I haven’t laughed like that in so long…” My voice trailed off.

“Neither have I,” she said. I went up to her and hugged her. I brought her close to me, in my arms where she belonged. I didn’t want to let her go.

“Come, let’s go to bed,” she whispered. She walked out of my arms and back into the apartment. I followed her, shutting off the lights with a control dial in the kitchen.

I went into the bedroom and shut the door. I jumped into bed and grabbed her shoulders, gently and scared her.

She jumped, then scolded me and laughed. I laughed too as we lay beside each other and went to sleep.

I saw Padme in front of me. She was lying down, screaming. I tried to reach her but couldn’t.

“Annie! Help me!” she cried. “Help!” she screamed.