Chapter 11: Special

Start from the beginning

"Matthew seemed a bit sick himself. He didn't sound the same and he looked pretty pale." Ukraine said. Russia raised an eyebrow.

"He was?"

"Yes he was. You didn't notice at all?"

"No." Russia said. So he was sick huh? Russia hadn't noticed, not at all, but he was thinking about it now and he remembered. The boy's pale face, his sweating, the bags under his eyes, and the sniffling, the boy was sick. Russia thought more. If he was sick himself, why would he take care of Russia? That added to his thought of the boy had motive.

Then again, he had heard Ukraine talk about the boy. She had talked about Canada on the flight home, whether Russia and Belarus wanted her to or not. She told them he was kind and said how they got along very well, talking about their cultures and enjoying each other company. She had told Russia when the boy had helped him after some meetings as well. Russia had remembered her comments, most of them good things about the boy, but it still didn't matter. Where the boy came from, his family history, he had to of had motive, something to hold against Russia.

But, then again. 'Can I come back and check on you?', the comment the boy made was him being worried, not with motive. Russia realized, he might of made a mistake.

"Have you talked to Canada at all since?" Russia asked.

Ukraine shook her head. "I tried calling but he didn't answer… Which is weird cause he usually picks up when I call."

"He does?"

"Yeah." She said. Russia got a bad thought then. Maybe Canada's sickness had become worse? He scratched the back of his head at the thought he might of hurt the Canadian for no reason. But he knew he owed the boy and got a thought.

"Sister. I'm going to be gone for a little while."

"Huh? Where are you going?"

"To a… friend's house." He said. Ukraine blinked.

"A friend?" She asked, that was rare. "I see. When are you leaving?"

"…Now." He said putting the Vodka bottle down and leaving. "I'll be back soon. You and Belarus can stay here. Is she sleeping?"

"I think so."

"Da. Good." He said. Then she won't follow me, he thought. He started to leave but stopped. "Sister."

"Yeah?"

"Is there anything special about Canada?" He asked.

"Special? What do you mean?" She asked. "Cause he's pretty normal, nothing to be noted I guess."

"Oh. I see."

"Why?"

"Yekaterina." Russia rarely called her by her human name. "General Winter wasn't around me when I was with that boy. I could of just imagined it but when I came home…"

"He came back?"

"D-Da." Russia stuttered. "I'm not sure if it has anything to do with that boy, but I would like to find out."

"So your going to….I see." She smiled a bit. "I won't tell okay? I'll let you go by yourself."

"Da. Thank you for not telling Belarus."

"She will ask though."

"Just say I'm working on something. Da?"

"Alright Ivan." She smiled. "I hope you figure it out."