part 15 || paparazzi

Start from the beginning

ushiwaka
i'll be there, of course. can't wait to
see you, it's been a real long fucking time.

kuroo is online

kuroo
OH MY GOD WHO BROUGHT THIS
BACK FROM THE DEAD
HI

kita
scroll up a little kuroo

kuroo
yeah, i'm coming of course.
i was going with kei, anyway.

ushiwaka
kei? tsukishima kei?

kuroo
yeah, the one that blocked you and
you never got over it lol

ushiwaka
bro i get blocked all the time by hinata now,
it's like pointless to play sometimes because he
just reads every ball. he reminds me of satori
sometimes, and that's just scary. satori was
crazy good at blocking.

daichi
he modeled his style of blocking after watching
tendō, maybe that's why. in his third year at
karasuno, not even kageyama could break through his blocks. scary shit dude

great king
so chibi-chan still plays volleyball?

ushiwaka
he's not chibi at all, and he doesn't just play,
he breathes volleyball, i swear. he's on my
team and sometimes i just feel like i got
surpassed by a newcomer, but it's just the
energy. he's gotten really fucking good.

great king
what do you mean he's not chibi-chan? 😾

kuroo
chibi-chan is taller than me, oinks. he's just
about as tall as lev is. i know you played against
him like two weeks ago.

great king
no fucking way 💀

kita
way dude, i saw him on kozume's live the other
day, he's tall as fuck.

kuroo
i haven't seen any of kenma's lives lately,
i really need to. there have been a whole
lot of fucking articles about kenma lately tho

terushima
probably having something to do with the fact
he kissed hinata on the live lololol

daichi
my son 😿

kuroo
my best friend 😿

bokuto is online

bokuto
hey hey heyyy
1. i am coming
2. is akaashi coming, i haven't
seen his face in like two years
3. my student is all grown up

daichi
1. hi you loud ass
2. yes, he's coming with his wife
3. my son 😿

great king
i can't wait to see you all

kita
honestly, it's been too long.

terushima
agreed.

As Daichi sat in his seat on the couch, he texted his friends he hadn't seen in god know how long. Sugawara was gone with the food, and called Daichi up to eat, while Hinata and Kozume were out and about on a date with masks covering their faces, hoping not to get recognized. To say they felt like Sakusa, their senior, would be an understatement. They were laughing while walking through a corner music store with their fingers interwoven with each other's.

"How about Crybaby? That album is really good, do you like it?" Kozume asked Hinata, and just shuffled his free hand's fingers through the records.
"Yeah, think we should get some records and a record player? I really want to buy a cute one. I've wanted to for a while, but just never got around to it, I guess." Hinata mutters the last couple of words, and Kozume agrees to his suggestion. They were walking out of the store with a new record player, some records and two t-shirts of their favorite band, One Direction. It surprised them to see people still selling their merchandise, so they bought it.

They were laughing at stupid inside jokes when they placed the purchases in the trunk of Kozume's car and moved on to go to the ice cream shop just a turn from where they were, and unexpectedly, some reporters came up to Hinata and Kozume, somehow recognizing them, and started asking questions.
"Hello! We are sorry to disturb you, but you are Hinata Shoyo and Kozume Kenma, right?" One of the reporters asked, and before Kozume has the chance to respond, Hinata already spoke.

"Sorry, I am not Hinata Shoyo, my name is Chad Pierce, thank you for your time." Hinata said in perfect english, and then rugged on Kozume's hand while trying to escape.
"Wait! That's Kozume Kenma, right?" Another reporter asked.
"Kozume Kenma is a male, if I'm not wrong. My sister is a female. Again, thank you for your time." Hinata pulled Kozume out of the group and headed back to his car, and he knew Kozume wanted to drive, so he just walked to the passenger seat.

"What was that?" Kozume asked.
"I know you're used to the press, but I don't like it one bit. They always twist my words. I thought it was best for us to leave." Hinata shrugged, and kissed Kozume's cheek before kissing his soft lips at a red light.
"I don't mind out relationship being public, but I strongly dislike paparazzi type photographers. I'm sorry." Hinata drowned a little, and Kozume just took hold of his hands.
"Good, because I suck at human communications." Kozume smiled at his best friend and threw a wink his way, causing Hinata to blush.

Their relationship has been going smoothly, but the paparazzi are everywhere they go. It's tiring and exhausting to deal with people who want to know about the relationship that you've just started. In Hinata and Kenma's case that wasn't the truth– but they could pretend it was. As they walked in through their apartment's door, two cats rested up on the couch and the pair went to the cats, trying to to disturb them and quietly lifted them into their hands. While still napping, the cat nuzzled into Kozume as Hinata took a photo. He could so spend his life doing nothing but looking at this man.