The Two Princes

The more Tubbo thought about it, running away seemed fun. His father kept him under constant supervision to ensure he didn't get hurt in any way, to preserve his bloodline and sense of power over the people of Manberg. Tubbo sighed as he thought up fantasies of running into the forest with his bees and never returning, leaving behind the pressure of royalty and responsibilities.
"Prince Tub!" A voice shouted him back to attention, the moment a sword nearly sliced his shoulder. He jumped back immediately, bumping against the walls of the training barracks. "Are you okay young master? I apologize, we can end training for today." A man dressed in black and red robes approached the young prince, fussing over the small cuts he had earned throughout the day's training. "Bad, I'm fine! Lets keep going, that was my fault." He assured the older warrior who only scowled back in disbelief. Sir Bad B. Halo, the most revered and skilled warrior in all of Manberg, had been assigned to train the prince nearly 7 years ago, yet still got worried if the sparring got too intense, much to Tubbo's disappointment.
Bad sheathed his sword as did Tubbo, signaling that practice was done before he could even get a word of resistance in. "You improved a lot this month, young master. Although I doubt you will participate in the war, you would make a fine knight!" Bad exclaimed as he patted the prince's shoulder lovingly. Bad was probably the only caring adult figure he had in Manberg, the head knights were afraid to get anywhere near him, Quackity didn't respect him as his own person if his father wasn't in the room, Vice President George gave him the same acknowledgment as a porcelain doll. His father, emperor Jschlatt, was a man he never could understand. Some days, the man would lovingly spend hours on end with his son, listening to his rambling and stories of adventure with his pet bees. Other days, the man would yell at him and shove him around, literally and metaphorically, calling him "a burden" or "the bitch of Manberg". It was at times like those, Tubbo dreamed of running, fleeing into the thicket that surrounded the nation.
Tubbo and Bad arrived at the palace dining hall after a silent walk. Before Tubbo could open the large door, Bad grabbed his shoulder. "Young Master, be careful. The heads of the nation are having a feast tonight, so stay quiet. For me, please, stay quiet and they won't yell at you." Tubbo shuddered. He despised cabinet feasts, where all the people who hated him most sat and ate dinner together. Ever since Tubbo inherited the responsibility of becoming the next emperor, the heads of the nation did everything in their power to stop it. He sucked in a deep breath before composing himself and pushing the door open, Bad following in behind him. The men standing around the large ballroom stopped their conversations and watched as he sped walked up to his father's side, his knight strolling along as well. Schlatt turned to his son with a shit eating grin taking up the majority of his face as he pulled the boy into a side hug.
"Tubbo! How was your day, my son!" 'Ah', Tubbo thought to himself, 'he's upset with me'. He could tell by the way his father's eyes lit up and the slight twitch of his ears that Schlatt was thoroughly pissed off at the boy, but putting an act up due to the many powerful men in the room.
"I- I did well in training today father." He replied sheepishly, keeping his gaze on his neatly polished shoes. He could sense his father glance to Sir Bad who nodded in response. With that, Schlatt clapped the boy's back a little too hard and exclaimed it was time for dinner. Tubbo sat and leaned his head back in relief, letting the weight of his growing horns fall against the chair's plush back. About three months ago, large, brown ram horns had sprouted from the top of his head, resulting in the worst headache Tubbo had ever had for nearly a week straight. Now with the horns almost fully grown in, he resembled his father almost too much. Their brown hair, pale skin, goat ears, and boxed pupils made the two practically identical, save from Schlatt's taller demeanor and facial hair.
The group of men dug into the wide array of food before them, tearing into different types of meats and roasts, while Tubbo remained motionless. He waited until the moment a single kitchen staff came into the room to sit up in his seat. The man walked to his left and placed a single bowl of salad and fruit in front of the young prince. He heard Schlatt groan and many of the advisors glance over to the head of the table. Tubbo flushed in embarrassment and ducked his head, taking a small bite of the fruit. Bad looked at the boy with sympathy as he dug into a plate of sausage and potatoes. There were many conversations going over the boy's head as he finished off his meat-less dinner and sat as he awaited the others to finish.
"Tubbo," He flinched and looked to his father who glared down at the boy. The men around the table stopped talking almost immediately and stared at the two. "Y-yes father?" Schlatt looked at the men around the table as he grabbed a leg off a roasted chicken and dropped it on his son's plate. "I won't have my son being half a man. Eat." He leaned back in his throne as Tubbo stared at the dismembered chicken in horror. "Father, please. I thought we talked abou-" He pleaded before being shut up with a slap. A wave of suffocating silence encased the dining hall, everyone in the room paused, afraid to make a movement. "When I tell you to do something, you DO IT. Now eat." The emperor stood and left the room, followed shortly by all the advisors and men at the table. Tubbo stared down at his lap, feeling warm tears well up in his eyes as his clenched fists began to shake.
"Oh dear, young master," Tubbo whipped his head up in alarm before Bad wrapped him in a hug. "It's okay. It's okay, hush, he's gone now." Bad mumbled as the boy sobbed into his chest.
"I hate him. I hate looking like him." Tubbo muttered through his sobs. As his tears died down, he leaned back slightly, regret washing over his features. "Bad, I did something.... Something bad." He felt himself tear up again as memories resurfaced. "I tried to... I tried to cut the horns off." He heard Bad gasp and put a hand on Tubbo's head. "My poor boy. Did you hurt yourself?" He asked, Tubbo didn't respond. Bad cleared his throat awkwardly and stood, leading the prince away from the dining hall and up to his room, away from the uneaten plate of chicken that would haunt Tubbo's dreams for the next week.

Tommy awoke in a cold sweat, grabbing for the knife that lay under his pillow. "Prince Tommy?" A voice asked nervously at the young prince's quick reflexes. "Oh Niki, it's just you." Tommy sighed and relaxed slightly into his bed, returning the knife to it's spot as Niki made her way to his side. "Breakfast is ready sir, your father has something important to tell you and your brothers so you better hurry." Niki teased as he pulled the blankets off the half asleep prince, much to his annoyance. "If it's so important, why didn't he come here and wake me up." Tommy grumbled as he curled into a ball, trying to go back to sleep. Niki laughed and threw the boy's uniform at him. "It's my job to wake you up. Plus, the King is a busy man. He wouldn't waste twenty minutes a day trying to get his most stubborn son out of bed." She joked and ran from the room before Tommy could throw something at her. He cursed as he got dressed for the day and made his way down the winding staircase as it opened up to a bustling kingdom of Pogtopia. He sighed and walked down the road as he approached the main castle. People were running about the market, living their fast paced lives and barely acknowledging the Prince as he finally reached the castle doors. Tommy had decided to live apart from his family's castle due to the simple fact that his brothers would always wake up earlier than him and woke him up as a result. Technoblade, his oldest brother, would wake at 4 am every single fucking day to tend to his private garden and spar the rest of the day until dinner. Wilbur, his other older brother and the next in line for the throne, would wake at 7 am for meeting and battle strategy planning. He was given the responsibility of the next in line as a result of Techno forfeiting it, in his own words "eh I don't care who's in charge as long as it isn't me". Tommy huffed as he finally reached the dining room where his father and brothers were already sat and eating without him. As he sat, a plate of eggs, bacon, and mashed potatoes was placed before him.
"Thanks for waiting for me, you guys." He said sarcastically, earning a punch from Techno as well as a kick under the table from Wilbur. "What was that for?! I didn't even say anythi-" "Now that we're all here, I have something important to tell you boys." Tommy shut his mouth as his father rose from his seat. King Philza, a man who's wings protected the entirety of his nation, now sat in his pajamas as he ate breakfast with his sons. Said man pulled a bag up from his side and placed it in the center of the table, earning the stares of the three brothers.
"This is for you boys, there's something in there for each of you." Philza nodded to the satchel. Techno reached for it first and pulled a wooden contraption out of the bag. "A crossbow? Father, what does this mean?" Techno questioned as Wilbur reached across the table for the bag, pulling out a bow and quiver. "Wh- I don't know how to do archery? I have to prepare for the next battle soon father, what is this joke?" Wilbur fumed as he handed the nearly empty bag to the last of the sons. Tommy snatched it and pulled a shimmering purple longsword from the dirty old satchel. He stared at the blade in awe, too entranced in it's beauty to see his father smile lovingly. "My boys, these are all weapons of mine that I now hand down to you. Each of them are responsible for our nation's freedom, protect them and remember what we are fighting for. Wilbur," Philza patted the middle son's head and ruffled his curly hair. "As you plan strategies, remember who and what you are doing it all for. The people of Pogtopia deserve a king who understands the difference between fear and freedom." Wilbur stared at his father with an awestruck expression. Philza turned to Techno and the crossbow. "Now, my oldest son, my most unpredictable child, I give you this crossbow for you to train with. You're already the most skilled fighter in this kingdom, so hopefully you can branch out and find new areas to improve and find new hobbies that will lead you to become a better man and a fearsome warrior." Techno smiled slightly to the king and tucked the crossbow onto his pack. Finally, Philza turned to Tommy who still cradled the longsword. His brothers also turned to look at Tommy, who shifted slightly under their intense gaze. "And finally, my youngest. Tommy, I give to you my personal blade. This sword has been handed down for generations, to the next in line for the throne, and now I give it to you." Philza smiled at Tommy's confused expression. "Wait, next in line? Wilbur is the next for the throne? Why didn't he get the sword?" Tommy questioned as he handed the blade over to Wilbur who simply shook his head and grinned at the youngest. "Okay, now you three are pissing me off. What is going on?" He exclaimed. Philza laughed and pulled Tommy into an embrace. "Don't you understand? Wilbur is forfeiting his place for you, he wants to become a general. Tommy Soot, will you be the next king of Pogtopia?"

————————————-
Reminder! This is not my writing nor my story
If you really like this, please support the real author! Their Instagram is soupbrainrot!