02 | Confusion and the Red Spider Lily

"A-Amaimon! Prepare your sigils!" Taehyung heard his father shout

"A-Amaimon! Prepare your sigils!" Taehyung heard his father shout. All the witches in front of them took a step back and the demon behind him chuckled at the show of fake bravery.

"Who're you?"

"Don't remember me? I expected it already since it would be the most possible outcome from what happened," the man answered and he can't help but get confused at the remorse lacing the demon's tone.

"You know me?"

"I know you more than you do, my love. Now, let's leave this place before they kill us, shall we?"

He was hoisted in bridal style even before he was able to respond. A yelp leaves his lips and he can feel his face heating up. The man tightens his grip on his waist and thighs making the witch wrap his arms around the demon's neck. His black wings wrapped around them protectively like a cocoon as the black smoke surrounds them, and darkness once again consumes him.

Taehyung feels like they were falling. Flying down instead of up and it was an excruciating heat stinging his skin that warns him of what to expect. He was in the arms of a demon who just escaped from the cell he was held captive by the witches from his own former clan. And it would be a reasonable action to go back home from where they originally came from. What confuses him is why the demon brought him along when he can just leave him somewhere safe. He decided not to dwell on it for long, as he feels the man slowing down to a step. Slowly, the upper wings of the demon that covers them unraveled, and he was welcomed by a cold gust of wind that made him shiver. It was dark, and they seem to be standing in the middle of an abandoned village.

"Is this the underworld?" he hears himself asking even before he can stop his mouth. The man chuckled in response and fixed his position to carry him properly.

"Yes. Yes, my love, it is."

The nickname surprisingly didn't make him uncomfortable in any way. As if it was normal and it made him confused. Questions after questions formed in his mind that made him squirm uncomfortably. He feels the rough hands of 'Amaimon' squeezing his thighs, making him stop and froze from his position.

"Stop moving or I'll let you fall. You wouldn't like it, especially when you're here."

"W-Why?"

"You'll burn because you never came from hell. At least for now until I find the necklace I gave to you in the past."

"P-Past? Necklace? Who are you to me? And why do you talk as if you know me?"

"As I said before, I know you better than you do."

The witch decided that it would be better to just shut up for now. He was confused, yes, but his mind is still a mess from all the events that happened earlier. He doesn't know what to think, who to trust, or who to believe. And since he was banished from their coven, it was his first time seeing his family again only to be cursed and attacked. He was hurt, and he wants to cry from frustration because the missing pieces of his memory are slowly coming back in the form of a headache and a certain demon.

Taehyung never knew there would be a time when he'll question his own family and his own memories. And it hurts more knowing that there's a big chance of some of his precious memories being fake and made up. He wasn't dumb, he knows how to connect the dots once given clues. He heard the squeaking of gates opening and he lifted his head from the crook of the demon's neck to look at the big medieval castle standing proudly in front of them. His jaw dropped at the magnificent structure. It was dark but littered with a golden accent that made it look luxurious. The roof was all pointed and lights were shining from the open windows at the top.

"AMAIMON!" a shrill voice called as a petite male came barreling in their direction.

"Jimin, I said call me Jungkook. That name is quite old for my own liking."

"I can't help it. You said to us to call you Jungkook the day before you were held captive. We weren't able to use it and get used to it," 'Jimin' said with a pout. Taehyung slowly lifted his head shyly once again. He was greeted by a short male that looked beautiful, it left him gaping. Do all the demons look this ethereal?

"Wait! T-Taehyung!? What the actual fuck Amai-Jungkook!? Why'd you bring that fucking witch here!?" the pink-haired male shouted which made him flinch. He looked at Jungkook with fear in his eyes, seeing his face expressionless unlike earlier.

"Jimin. Don't. He doesn't know what's happening nor he remembers anything so leave him be."

The other demon huffed in response, glaring at him before giving way to the ravanette carrying him. They trudged inside the area, being welcomed by a male with skin as pale as snow at the entrance. He was the same height as what they called Jimin, and Jungkook was towering over both of them.

"Welcome back A-Jungkook."

The mint-haired looked at him, eyes widening before going back to his blank stare. However, he knows that the other was also displeased by his presence if the dark aura and quiet hiss were anything to go by. New questions added to his mind, for he knew that the hostility he got was not because he was a witch, but for an entirely different reason. Backtracking to his memory, he remembers once he was put in the same confusing situation with a demon.

Taehyung was newly banished by then, making money out of potions, a couple went up to him for some help to have a healthy baby because their status and relationship weren't common. The woman was a fairy, while the man on the other hand was a demon. Upon seeing him, the demon bowed as if to show respect despite his status. Even asking him how is his new life while waiting for his lord seems to shock the latter for his sudden show of confusion. It was awkward, to say the least, but what struck him was what he said when they were leaving. The demon stopped by then, looking back and bowing before saying "I know he will come back for you someday, because that's how important you are to my lord, and I hope you will wait for him until then." 

"