Chapter 9: Growing Up

Start from the beginning

"Kiara! Mother and Father want to speak with you immediately." Said Nuru.

"Ok, sis." Kiara said as she got up, "I'll talk to you guys later."

"Ok, Kiara. If you ever want to hang out, then you can always find us near the watering hole." Said Zuri as she's examining her claws

"Who knows? We might even travel to the jungle." Tiifu added

"That's a long way from here." Said Zuri, "It'll take only two days to get there on foot."

"We"ll have to cross the desert to get there. There's hardly any food or water there." Vitani replied

Kiara followed her sister into the royal den where her parents are waiting for her; she sees them sitting on a stone pillar that acts as a throne. Simba and Nala noticed their eldest daughter coming into the den and motioned her to sit down.

"Do you need anything, mother and father?" Asked Kiara.

"Kiara, you know tomorrow's your hurt solo hunt, and we need you to be prepared for it." Said Nala

"How'd I do so far during my training?" She questioned

"You've done wonderful, darling," Nala replied

"And you did an excellent job watching over the kingdom while your mother and I went to the funeral that day." Said Simba, "We all know you'll be a great Queen one day. You only have a year left before your mother, and I can step down and give the throne to you and Kovu."

"Yes, father." Said Kiara

"There's one more thing I have to say before you leave."

Kiara faces both her parents to give them some attention, "We decided to let you and Kovu have your mating ceremony in six more months as well as your brother and your friends."

"Really?!" Kiara questioned with excitement

Sima nodded, "Yes, we've also discussed this with their parents, and they've agreed with our decision."

"Oh, thank you, daddy! I love you both so much!" Kiara said she gave both her mother and father loving nuzzles, which they returned the gesture.

"Also, you all have to wait a year before you can have cubs. You may be still a young adult, but all lions in the pride are to be 3 years old and older to have cubs." Simba added with Nala nodding in agreement

"Yes, daddy. Kovu and I will wait." Said Kiara

"Good, and be sure to tell your brother and your friends about it too. Can't have cubs running around here at the age of 2." Nala reminded her as she sees Kiara walking out of the den. "And I'll be out there later to train you for the last time to be prepared for tomorrow. Let your sister know that she can come with us so she can train too."

"Yes, mother."

Kiara walked out of the royal den and met up with her little sister, "What did mother and father tell you?" Asked Nuru

"Our friends, Kopa, and I are going to have our mating ceremony in six more months." Said Kiara

"Congratulations, sis! I knew you and Kovu will be together!" Said Nuru, nuzzling her sister.

"Thanks, Nuru. And I know you and Naba will become mates by next year since right now you two are boyfriend and girlfriend." Kiara replied as she nuzzles her sister in return.

"Yes, I love Nuru. And I'll be a loyal and fateful mate he'll ever have."

"Good. And you both will have to wait until you're 3 to have cubs. We're still kinda too young to become parents."