34 - Eating dog food

Start from the beginning

Under Fei Hong's glaring eyes, Zhang Wei lowers his head and rubs his nose. He can't deny that.

He sighs. "Fine. Fine. Later, I'll make Xiu Ying spend time with me, so you can use that time to approach him. It's a win-win situation right?"

Fei Hong huffs. "It's not enough at Li Mansion, even at here you want to cling to him and let everyone eating dog food?"

[A/N : Eat dog food = watching a couple's PDA]

Zhang Wei smirks, "He's my future empress, so I can do whatever I want. Consider you're lucky as I'm still holding myself. If not, you'd see something that makes you feel more lonely and single." He puts his palm over his lips, covering his evil smiles.

"Damn you!" Fei Hong storms out of the study room.

After reading a few memorials, Zhang Wei heads to Zhongcui Palace to see his beloved. It's just a few hours but it feels so long since he met Xiu Ying.

When Zhang Wei arrived, Xiu Ying is feeding the fishes in the pond. He didn't notice someone is sneaking up behind him.

"Oh my!" Xiu Ying flinched when he was suddenly pulled into an embrace. He was mad and about to raise his hand but after the familiar scent invading his nose, he calms down.

"What are you doing here? Done with your work?" Xiu Ying asked.

Zhang Wei snuggles on Xiu Ying's neck, inhaling the sweet scent of his lover. "Hmm. Miss you."

Xiu Ying chuckled. "It's just a few hours and you already missed me?" He gently hit the arm around his waist.

"Even if it's just a second away from you, I already missed you." He muffled.

Xiu Ying shakes his head and smiles helplessly. He caressing the head on his shoulder, "Alright. Let me go first. Let's have a walk around here."

Zhang Wei abruptly raises his head and turns to Xiu Ying, "Oh! I forgot. Actually, I want to visit Wen Qian so I came to ask you to go with me."

"Is there any news about her marriage?"

"Well... The truth is I already made a decree to send her out of the palace. But inside the decree, I didn't mention about her marriage, so I need her to prepare herself to face her father's questions."

Xiu Ying nods, understand. It makes sense not to tell her beforehand. For sure, her father will ask why she didn't return home even after the emperor had sent her out of the palace. She needs to prepare an unsuspecting answer.

"Alright then, let's go and meet her."

Zhang Wei breaks the hug and grabs Xiu Ying's hand, drags her to Wen Qian's place.

When they arrived, they could see the big and shy smile on her face. 'Looks like everything going well for her,' both of them thought.

Wen Qian rises to greet them but Zhang Wei asks her to rise and forget about formalities.

Wen Qian eyeing Xiu Ying's hand on Zhang Wei lap and interlocks with each other. "Seems like this country will get their mother soon," she said.

Realizing what Wen Qian meant, Xiu Ying wants to pull his hand but Zhang Wei won't let it go.

"Hmm. Soon. It won't be long. This emperor can no longer sleep alone on the big bed." Zhang Wei and Wen Qian are having fun but Xiu Ying can only lower his head.

"By the way, Wen Qian, Zhen already prepared a decree for you. But Zhen didn't mention anything about marriage in it. So, if your father asks, just say that you're going to stay at the house Zhen granted for you." Zhang Wei said.