6 | h o l o g r a m s

Start from the beginning

"Hey—"

"The other girl that can see you is Julie Molina?" she asked in an angry tone.

Mickey frowned, not sure why she was so hostile all of the sudden. Carrie had been nothing but nice before. "Uh, yeah. Yeah, I didn't know you two knew each other."

"And you just had to go and join a band with her? Holograms? Really?"

"I—"

"Did you tell her about me?" she cut her off, crossing her arms.

"N - no, I don't think I ever said your name or anything," Mickey answered, fiddling with the ends of her blonde hair. "Did I do something wrong?"

Carrie sighed and slammed her locker shut. "Just don't say anything else about me. I can't be known as a freak who sees a ghost. And don't talk to me after pulling that hologram band stunt in there."

Carrie rushed off to class, leaving Mickey alone in the hallways with a dumbstruck look on her face. For whatever reason, Carrie's attitude had done a complete one-eighty towards the ghost, and she wasn't sure why. She decided not to chase after her and would let Carrie calm down before trying to figure out what was wrong.

After her disappointing talk with Flynn, Julie had lost all of her excitement about the performance and getting back into the music program. She walked down the hall with a frown on her face. As she walked around the corner, she wasn't expecting three of the four ghosts to be waiting for her. Luke was being held up by Alex and Reggie, and they greeted her with big smiles.

"Julie!" they shouted.

Julie screamed and jumped back. "You! Stop doing that! I'm serious."

"Woah," Reggie said, putting his hands up in defense. "This one's all on you. We were already here. Well, actually, we were over there, and then we came over here."

"Are we not gonna talk about what just happened?" Luke asked her.

"Yeah. The whole school saw you. It's kinda freaking me out," Julie admitted. "They saw Mickey too, and she wasn't even in Sunset Curve originally."

"Okay, good, 'cause it's kind of freaking me out too," Alex told her. "You know, you can see us, and people can see us whenever we play music. And my clothes are made of air, but for some reason, I'm still getting a wedgie." The others gave him disgusted looks while he took a deep breath. "So many questions."

"The important thing is that we rocked that place," Luke said, excitedly at Julie. "They were loving you."

"Are you kidding? They loved us," she told them. "That was a great song, Luke. Thanks."

"And did you see the way Mickey was looking at me when we sang together? At least, I think she was looking at me" Reggie said. Then he held Luke's arms. "Please tell me she was."

Luke grinned and held Reggie's head. "Bro, she was totally looking at you. The chemistry was off the charts between you two."

"Oh, I knew it!" he exclaimed. Then he frowned, remembering that she had flashed away with no explanation. "Wait, where did she even go?"

"She said she'd be right back," Luke said, shrugging. "You know the princess does what she wants."

Reggie pouted. "But I — Oh! Hey, Mickey!" As he spoke, Mickey had poofed back beside them. He noticed a small frown on her lips, but it was gone in seconds. He was also quick to put his arm over her shoulder like always. "Where'd you go?"

"Oh, I saw a girl with a dance bag, so I followed her to find the name of her studio," Mickey quickly lied. "Think I might sneak into a studio sometime this weekend. Might check out hers. But that's not important. What's important is that we just totally rocked that spirit rally! Like, how did that even happen?"