The End

Duncan slams his palms down onto the counter of the vanity in his dressing room backstage. Beads of sweat are dripping from his mohawk and into his eyes. It stings. Stings like the ache in his heart. He saw her out there. His old flame. Courtney Barlow. He wipes the sweat off of his forehead with the swipe of his arm. His bloodshot eyes glare upon his reflection in the lit up square mirror.  He hadn't seen her in ten years, but that doesn't mean he didn't recognize her right off the bat.  He'd know those freckles anywhere.  Those curves.  Those eyes.  That look.  It was Courtney for sure.  His Courtney. 

"Are you good?"  His thoughts are interrupted by a voice in the corner of the room.  It startles him.  A familiar figure struts out of the shadows.

"Oh, it's just you." Duncan sighs.  Slouching against the counter.

"Oof," Gwen comes around to his side.  "Are you okay, babe?"

He throws a glance to his side.  "Why wouldn't I be?"

Gwen was about to offer a comforting hug, but thinks better of it and takes a step back.  "I'm just checking on you.  You've got this whole weird vibe going on right now.  Sorry that I'm concerned."

"I don't know what you're talking about," Duncan lies.  "Can you just leave me alone?"

Without another word, she stalks out of the dressing room, slamming the door shut behind her.

Duncan glides down to the floor, holding his face in his hands.  What did he just do?

God, and he sang that song for her. What was he thinking? Now, the entire internet was going to blow up talking about how he was 'going soft' and was 'growing out of punk rock' when Der Schnitzel Kickers had just hit the big leagues! Stupid, stupid, stupid.

No, that's not what's stupid. Duncan jumps up from the floor and opens his dressing room door.  His eyes search around for his agent while he hopes that he isn't too late.

"Noah, I need security right now!"

Noah rolls his eyes.  "What's the matter with you?  Is it Gwen?  I saw she just stormed off."  He raises an eyebrow.

Duncan tries desperately to hold back his frustration, but fails entirely.  "No, it's not about Gwen, and in fact, make sure she isn't allowed near me again."

Noah takes a step back.  "Woah, isn't that a bit rash?  You just had a great show.  Do you need to calm the fuck down before I dump your girlfriend for you?"

Duncan rushes up to him and grabs the scrawny man by the collar.  "I need the venue manager right now and make sure her sorry ass doesn't come back around here again, ya hear me?  I'm not playing."

"Sheesh, I'm on it."  Noah shrinks out of his grasp and puts a finger to his specialty earpiece.  "Officer Hatchet to backstage please," he casts a quick glance at his client.  "It's urgent."

~

Halfway out of the venue, Courtney finally finds her voice again. "Bridgette, wait...stop!"

Bridgette's grip on the woman slacks and she turns around. "Is everything okay?"

Courtney throws her hands up in the air and falls to her knees on the floor of the hall. Geoff and Brody take a protective stance around her, forcing the crowd of other concert-goers to step aside and move around them.

"Court-"

"Obviously, everything is not okay!"

Bridgette joins Courtney on the floor and begins rubbing her back in circles.  "You didn't have to come if it was going to affect you so bad.  I didn't know-"