"Do you remember what happened?" Remus asked. He hasn't moved his arm from Charlie's back yet and Charlie was hyper aware of that fact - the heat from where his hand was resting seemed to burn Charlie's skin.

     Charlie's face fell as he remembered what had happened the night before.

     "Yeah." Charlie whispered again, drawing his knees into his chest and lowering his head slightly as his eyes suddenly grew watery.

     Remus watched him sadly as he curled in on himself, as if trying to protect himself from a threat that was no longer there.

     "Wait... what happened?" James suddenly asked, watching Charlie's reaction to Remus' question.

     When no one replied, James frowned and straightened up.

     "Was it Billy again?" He asked, making Charlie's eyes widen in surprise. He didn't think anyone knew about that... unless Remus told them about that night... or it could have been Sam, although that seemed unlikely.

     "No..." Charlie said.

     Sirius sighed and stopped trying to enchant his homework to do itself, instead giving them his full attention as he said, "It was Lauren—"

     Charlie's eyes got even bigger, if that was possible, "—wait—"

     "—she drugged him." Sirius ploughed on, ignoring Charlie. "She was trying to force herself on him, if me and Remus hadn't got there when we did..." He trailed off, not wanting to say it, and not needing to. They all knew what he was saying.

     There was a shocked silence.

     Kingsley had abandoned his letter and was looking at Charlie with pity in his eyes. Peter was fully awake now, sat in bed with wide eyes and a surprised expression. And James? James looked like he was about to murder someone...

     Charlie curled into an even smaller ball, the tears he had been holding back finally spilling down his cheeks. He felt weak, especially now he was crying in front of them all.

     Remus' heart broke yet again at the sight of Charlie so upset. Why was it always him?

     He drew Charlie towards him, using the hand that was still on his back to pull him into his chest and putting his other arm around his small body. Charlie's head was resting on his shoulder, his head almost in the crook of Remus' neck. Remus could feel hot tears hitting his skin as Charlie cried.

     He rubbed Charlie's back, feeling his own eyes get slightly watery as he glared at Sirius. "You just had to say it in front of everyone, didn't you?"

     Sirius glared back, although not with same intensity as Remus was glaring at him, "They were going to keep asking. And they're not idiots, they'd have worked it out eventually. You don't get bruises like that," He pointed at Charlie's arm, which was around Remus's back and on full display for everyone to see. There was a purple, hand shaped bruise on his wrist. Small, curved scabs had formed where Lauren had dug her nails into his skin, drawing blood without any of them realising. "Without someone doing it to you."

     Remus sighed, holding Charlie tighter as the boy's tears started to lessen and his breathing became ragged and shallow. He gently stroked Charlie's hair in an attempt to calm him, very aware of the fact that Charlie was practically in his lap... and his four roommates were watching them interact with knowing expressions on their faces.

Charlie pulled away from their embrace and Remus reluctantly let his arms drop back to his side.

He caught Charlie looking down at his outfit from the night before, which was now crumpled from sleeping in it. "Do you want me to get you some clothes?"