8. A Disaster!

“I loved you yesterday, I love you still. I always have, and I always will.”

~ Unknown

----------------   

No! No! No!

That had seriously not happened?

Could her life get any worse?

All Swara wished for now was the Earth to break open and swallow her whole. She just did not want to face anyone. How could she do that?

Mumbling all to herself, Swara kept pacing to and fro in the main hall of Home Sunshine, and the entire Bachcha Party Gang, along with Ragini, were almost on the verge of having a headache as they tried to keep up with her pace. Sitting on the floor itself, all of them had their faces rested on their palms as their heads moved like a pendulum and Swara still kept pacing up and down the hall.

Had she gone crazy?

“Does anyone know what exactly is wrong with her?” Ragini finally asked and the whole BPG shook their head in denial. No one had any idea as Swara had refused to speak anything. Like literally! And if Swara Bose had refused to speak, it was ought to bring a calamity. Aarvi sighed, “She has been acting strange ever since she has returned from the college.”

“I think I know,” Rimjhim spoke up garnering everyone’s attention in a moment. “Looking at the way she is trying to rip off her hair from her head, I feel… Do you think she has punched someone? Or maybe she has broken someone’s nose? Or someone’s head?”

“I don’t think so,” Golu hardly managed to speak with all those chips stuffed inside his mouth. And that earned him a slap at the back of his head. Nanhe frowned at him, “Either eat or speak. Don’t sputter and throw the food out of your mouth like a fountain.”

“Instead of this guessing game, why don’t we ask her only?” Aahna, the youngest one among them finally spoke and everyone nodded their heads in unanimous agreement. Though just seven years old, Aahna was the most sensible one among them and rarely spoke her mind out, and whenever she did, everyone readily agreed.

“It has not even been a week ever since she joined. What could she possibly do in such a small duration of time?” Ragini could already feel her head reeling at all possible prospects of her actions. For sure, if she was acting this weird, whatever had happened could not be something small. Getting up from the floor, she walked up to her but even before she could open her mouth, Swara walked past her as if she was not even standing there.

Excuse me! Did she just ignore her?

Ragini picked up the pace, held Swara by her upper arm and turned her around. “Ouch!” Swara shrieked instantly rubbing her arm as she glared at her best friend. “What is wrong with you, Ragini?”

“What’s wrong with me? What is wrong with you? Why are you behaving like this? Has anything happened at the college? Did anyone say anything to you? And… wait a moment… Why is there a wound at your head? Did you… did you fight, Swara?” asked a shocked Ragini whilst inspecting a red blotch on Swara’s forehead who flinched just at a slight contact.

“W-What? I-I did not!”

“You stuttered, Swara. You are lying.”

“No. No. No. I’m not lying. I really, honestly, did not fight with anyone. I promise.”

“Then what is it?”

“Ugh! I am hopeless. Just hopeless.”

“Swara, what did you do?”