Chapter 6

I woke up and checked the time.

9:00 AM

I got out of bed and got dressed and put my hair in a messy bun

I walked down to the kitchen, grabbed some cereal and water and sat down on the couch

I walked down to the kitchen, grabbed some cereal and water and sat down on the couch. I turned on Y/F/S (your fav show) and started to eat. A few minutes later Sam walked in and grabbed a bowl of cereal and sat down next to me. 

Sam:"Hey Y/N, how was your night with spiderman?" He said with a smirk on his face. I spit out my water and looked at him in shock. I grabbed his food, put it on the coffee table, grabbed his arm and pulled him into my room.

Y/N:"How the f**k did you find out!?"

Sam:"First of all, language" I rolled my eyes at this

Y/N:"Oh my god you are turning into my dad"

Sam:"Second...I was on the roof and saw you leave with him"

Y/N:"Ok did you tell anyone?"

Sam:"No, and I won't if you don't want me to"

Y/N:"Yes please, if my dad found out I don't know how he would react and I don't want to deal with that"

Sam:"K I won't tell anyone"

Y/N:"Thanks" Sam walked out of my room and I started walking towards Wanda's room to check on her. I got to her room and saw my dad standing at her door turning off her tv.  I lean on her door and nod at Steve.

Wanda:"It's my fault" she says sadly

Y/N:"That's not true"

Wanda:" Turn the tv back on. They're being very specific" 

Steve:"I should've clocked that bomb vest long before you had to deal with it. He walked over to her bed and sat down next to her. "Rumlow said "Bucky"and... all of a sudden I was a 16-year old kid again, in Brooklyn.

Y/N:"Wait...Bucky? Rumlow knows Bucky?

Steve:" I don't know. Probably they both are, or...were...with hydra...Why?"

Y/N:"Nevermind I'll tell you later" Steve looked back at Wanda.

Steve:"people died. That's on me"

Y/N:"It's on all of us, If I hadn't left Wanda no one would have gotten hurt"

Steve:"This job...we try to save as many people as we can. Sometimes that doesn't mean everybody. But if we can't live with that, next time...maybe nobody gets saved." We all look down at the ground. Vision phases through the wall.

Wanda:"Vis! We talked about this."

Vision:"Yes, but the door was open so I assumed that..." He looks at the door "Captain Rogers wished to know when Mr. Stark was arriving"

Steve:"Thank you. We'll be right down"

Vision:"I'll...use the door. Oh...and apparently he's brought a guest.

Steve:"We know who it is?" 

Vision:"The Secretary of State" he said as he walked out. We all looked at each other and got up to see what he was doing here.

_______________________________-Time skip-________________________

Secretary Ross was standing at the front of a table with Nat, Sam, Rhodey, Tony, and Vision all sitting down when we walked into the room.

Ross:"What the h*ll is she doing here" He said pointing to me.

Steve:"She's an Avenger now"

Ross:"Fine. Sit." He said to the three of us, pointing to empty chairs."Five years ago, I had a heart attack. I dropped right in the middle of my back-swing. Turned out it was the best round of my life, because after 5 hours of surgery and a triple bypass... I found something 40 years in the Army never taught me: Perspective. The world owes the Avengers an unpayable dept. You have fought for us, protected us, risked your lives...but while a great many people see you as heroes, there are some...who would prefer the word "vigilantes""

Nat:"And what word would you use, Mr. Secretary?"

Ross:"How bout "dangerous"? What would you call a group of US-based, enhanced individuals who routinely ignore sovereign borders and inflict their will wherever they choose and who, frankly, seem unconcerned on what they leave behind?" He picked up a remote and clicked a screen on.

Ross:"New York" The screen flickered to show videos from 4 years ago when Loki attacked New York. Rhodey looked down then back at Natasha. "Washington DC." A video came up with three insight helicarriers falling from the sky. Sam and I looked at each other then at the ground.  "Sokovia" Wanda and Tony just Stared at the screen. "Lagos" A burning building flashed onto the screen, then Paramedics moving bodys, and a dead girl. I watch as Wanda was having a minor panic attack.

Y/N:"Okay, that's enough" Ross nods to his assistant and the video turns off.

Ross:" For the past four years, you've operated with unlimited power and no supervision. That's an arrangement the governments of the world can no longer tolerate. But I think we have a solution." He placed a think document on the table and slid it over too Wanda. She picked it up then passed it to Rhodey. "The Sokovia Accords. Approved by 117 countries...it states that the Avengers shall no longer be a private organization. Instead, they'll operate under the supervision of a United Nations panel, only when and if that panel deems it necessary"

Steve:"The Avengers were formed to make the world a better place. I feel we've done that" Steve said with a straight face.

Ross:"Tell me, Captain, do you know Where Thor and Banner are right now?" Steve looks up at Ross. "If I misplaced a couple of 30 megaton nukes... You'd bet there'd be consequences"

Y/N:"But they aren't nukes. They're people"

Ross:"Extremely Dangerous people, one of which, can't control what the h*ll he does." He looked back over at Steve. "Compromise. Reassurance. That's how the world works. Believe me, this is the middle ground"

Rhodey:"So, there are contingencies"

Ross:"Three days from now, the UN meets in Vienna to ratify the Accords" Steve looked over at Tony. "Talk it over"

Nat:"And if we come to a decision you don't like?"

Ross:"Then you retire" Ross said as he walked out of the room.

_____________________________________________________________________________

Thanks for reading

word count-1010