Chapter 23: I love keeping grudges

Start from the beginning

And trust me when I say this -- you don't want to get on my bad side." I gave Ron my best smile possible to disguise my very serious warning.

"Who are you to even threaten me in my own office?"

"Oh? I am Tine Teapakorn, Phukong Guntithanon's lawyer. I thought I already introduced myself the last time when you wouldn't let my client's family meet him, knowing full well he was injured. Did you forget about that already or should I file a formal complaint about you to make you remember?"

"Fine file a formal complaint. I won't sign Guntithanon's papers even if you force me"

"You haven't seen me use my force, yet. You can delay my client's bail for may be a day or two at the most because that's how long it will take for me to get you suspended and replaced. My client is going to come out of this prison anyhow, the question is — are you willing to risk your job over it?"

"Mr Teepakorn, please leave my office"

"Here's the thing—I love keeping grudges. It truly fuels my soul from within and I never, ever forget people who cross me.

So, if I leave your office right now without those signed papers, the first thing I will do is get you suspended. I will go through all of your previous cases, complaints, and time registers — I will skim through the documents like my life depends on it. Then I will use every connection that I have to make sure the formal case I file against you ends up becoming a part of your permanent record and puts you out of your cushy job. Considering your current behavior, I am guessing it really won't take that long. "

I could see the fear setting in on his face. This was just the right amount of threatening.

"Now, Ron" I put the papers neatly on his side of the desk and placed a pen next to them. "Are we going to do this the easy way or the hard way?"Ron huffed and signed the papers.

"Look at you, saving time for everyone involved. Good to see you, Ron. Continue with all the great work, but may be make some improvements in your behavior."

I turned and walked outside the office only to find Sarawat all flustered and baffled.

"Why are you looking at me like that, Sarawat? Let's go. I just need to submit these papers and Phukong should be out soon"

"Yeah. Yeah." He was walking alongside me but I could feel me staring right at me.

"What's wrong Sarawat?"

"Do you—do you really love to keep grudges with people?"

I chuckled. "Not really. May be, sometimes I guess? I was just trying to intimidate the guard a bit. You can't let people walk all over you in my field. It affects your reputation and everyone starts assuming you are a pushover."

"You were-- you were really amazing in there. For a minute, I honestly thought he wouldn't let Phukong out today"

"He tried his best though"

"He did. Lucky for me, I had the best lawyer in Bangkok by my side"

I smiled and walked a little ahead of Sarawat so he wouldn't see the very obvious blush on my face. "I'll submit the papers now. Why don't you go wait outside? Phukong should probably come out in less than half an hour."

"Sound good"

It was about 20 minutes later when I finally saw Phukong walk out of the prison. He had a smile on his face and he was looking right at Sarawat.

"You were bored without me, weren't you?"

"Just shut and come here." Sarawat hugged Phukong tightly and I could see his eyes watering. He probably really wanted to cry, but he won't because Phukong would definitely make fun of him later.

"Ah don't hug me too tight, Sarawat, you stink."

"Shut up, you ass."

Phukong laughed and Sarawat finally let him go.

"Thank you much Tine, I hope I can repay this debt some day"

"There is no debt to repay Phukong, I am just happy you are finally out"

"Can we please go home? I haven't had a good long shower in months and I am absolutely starving."

"Let's go home then. You can take a shower, I'll make you some food" Sarawat looked at me. "Tine, you are coming too right?"

"Ah no. I still have some work back at the office and I also need to thank Attorney Mil for all his help. Phukong wouldn't have got out so early without him expediting your case."

Phukong stepped into the conversation hearing Mil's name. "Attorney Mil is the best isn't he?"Sarawat hissed."Phukong that guy put you in jail — literally"

"No, he was just doing his job. He actually helped me out of jail.

Tine, why don't we all go out for dinner tonight? You can invite Mil too. Didn't you say Mil wanted to take you out for dinner?"

I looked at Phukong and blinked incessantly trying to understand his words. Mil had never asked me for dinner. We hadn't even shared a coffee. I had no idea what Phukong was even talking about.

"You are going out for dinner with Mil? Seriously?" Sarawat's snapped at me before I could even say anything. His irritated and cold tone was back. Right when I had almost managed to calm him down and make him smile, Phukong had ruined everything back again. He hadn't been out of the prison for five minutes and I was already regretting getting this devil out on bail.

"I think Tine should. Mil is a really nice guy, don't you think so Sarawat?" Phukong was now smiling and looking at me like he had just said the sweetest thing ever.

"No, I do not like him at all."

"So, you don't think Tine should have dinner with Mil?"

"NO! I DON'T THINK TINE SHOULD GO ON ANY DINNER WITH MIL." Sarawat yelled which took both me and Phukong by surprise. It was probably the first time I had ever seen him yell.

"Get in the car, Phukong. We are going home. And Tine.."
Sarawat put a finger over my chest. "You can't go for dinner with Mil because we are going for dinner together and you better be back home on time."

Sarawat got in the car and Phukong gave me a two thumbs up before jumping into the passenger seat. The car sped off and I just stood there replaying Sarawat's words in my mind. Did Sarawat--did he just get jealous and tell me not to go out for dinner with Mil?

--

A/N: I had to divide my favourite chapter into two halves because it was getting too long. Next chapter will be the dinner from hell, at least for Sarawat, and we finally release some pent sexual tension.

I LOVE writing about Tine as a lawyer. It is so fun. If I had even the slightest of legal knowledge, I would write a whole fic where Tine is a lawyer solving cases and Sarawat is his client