Chapter 1: Diagon Alley

It was a bright, crisp September morning. Birds sang and chirped outside as the sunrise peeked above the hills. Beams shone through my window as I rubbed my eyes. My arms outstretched and my mouth opened to let my yawns escape. I had always been a morning person, waking up at ridiculous hours, only this time I had to get up early for a reason. Looking around at my small, damp, rotting 'bedroom', I let out a heavy sigh. So far I was no closer to finding my Father, than last year.

I stood up and looked in the cracked and rusty mirror, visible frustration spread all across my face. Once I had thrown my hair back into a ponytail and packed all my books away, I decided it was hopeless and headed back to the Burrow.

《☆•●•♡ time skip ♡•●•☆》

Eventually, I made it back to the Burrow and I smelt the sweet smell of Molly's bread in the air. She really was amazing at making the best meals. I opened the door to the house quietly, so I didn't accidentally wake anyone, as it was still pretty early and not a lot of the Weasley's were morning people. In fact, sometimes they were quite ruthless, especially Ron.

When I walked into the living room and set down my bag, I turned around and felt a pair of comforting arms wrap around me. It was Molly.

"Oh, you're back. Did you find anything out, Dear?" She asked smiling and tilting her head slightly, her hands rested on my cheeks.

My eyes averted towards the floor and I chewed my lip. That gave her the answer.

"Dead end again? Well, no worries. We'll find something worthwhile one day my sweet. Best not to dwell."

I wrapped my arms back around her, "Thankyou Molly"

We went and sat in the kitchen with a cup of tea and we discussed everything and I eventually came to the conclusion that I would never find him. I told Molly I was giving up and she just nodded at me with understanding, her hand resting on mine. After a few seconds of comfortable silence while Molly put our cups in the sink, we heard a huge thud come from upstairs followed by George screaming.

All of a sudden, Fred came running down the stairs giggling and over to Molly, using her as a human shield. A split second later, George stormed in with water covering him completely. His Mum let out a small giggle before trying to look stern, whereas I burst out laughing. George walked over to me, while Molly attempted to tell Fred off, and rung out his sleeve above my head.

My spine went completely straight as I shrieked like a bird. The water was freezing. "WHAT THE HELL DID YOU DO THAT FOR GEORGIE?!?! I DIDN'T PUT THE WATER ON YOU!"

"No, but you did laugh." George's serious face left as he began to laugh. I couldn't stay serious either and began to laugh too. By the time Ron, Arthur, Ginny and Percy came downstairs, all of us were laughing, including Molly.

Ron sniffed up and immediately went straight to the food that Molly had been preparing, digging in. She rolled her eyes and sent George outside to dry him off with magic before letting him sit and eat with the rest of us. Fred took his usual spot on my left and George on the right.

Before I had even finished my first piece of bread, Ron had cleared his entire plate and rushed off upstairs to get ready. Today, we were all going to Diagon Alley to collect our final things for going back to school later today. Only this was Ron's first year so he was pretty nervous.

Once everyone had eaten and gotten changed, we lined up next to the chimney ready to use floo powder. Percy went first, then Fred, then George and then finally it was my turn. I stepped into the fireplace and grabbed a handful of floo powder.

"Diagon Alley!"

A quick flash of green and I was stood outside a book shop, bustling with Witches and Wizards alike. I breathed in, I had missed the smell of fresh parchment and the laughter and excitement of the first-years getting their wands. Fred, George and I were in our third year at Hogwarts, Percy was in his fifth, so we already had basically everything we needed. With the exception of new ink, quills and parchment. Oh and whatever books we would need for our new subjects.

Randomly, a toad hopped onto my shoe, so I picked it up figuring it had escaped from the Magical Menagerie. As I started walking towards the shop a young boy, probably a first-year, came round the corner frantically looking around. He spotted me and ran over.

"TREVOR!" The boy stopped directly in front of me.

"Excuse me?" I was a little confused.

"This is my toad, Trevor," he said while taking the toad from me. "Thankyou for finding him. I'm Neville, Neville Longbottom. It's my first year at Hogwart's so I'm just getting the last things I need. Wouldn't want to start the year off badly."

"Well then I would suggest keeping a closer eye on your toad. I'm Savannah, or you can call me Anna, and I'm a third year so if you ever need help you can come to me. It's really nice to meet you Neville, but I have to grab a few last things. I'll see you round." I started walking away and turned and started walking backwards, "And keep an eye on Trevor!"

The boy nodded at me and smiled and then went back the direction he came. I turned around and started grabbing all the stuff I needed while also trying to find the Weasley's. In the process of meeting Neville I had lost them all. They were nowhere in sight so I decided to head straight to platform 9 and 3/4 in hopes that I would meet them there.

A/N:

This chapter was pretty short I know, and not a lot happened but it's just getting started so bear with me. It get's better, at least in my opinion.

Word count: 1043