Walks In The Forest(ch.14)

Start from the beginning

" I never got to ask you if you were okay" he said pointing to your faint bruise.

"Oh, i'm fine. I've been through worse" you said contently.

You didn't notice him looking at you, once again being distracted by your surroundings. When you got outside the cool air hit you, it felt refreshing against your warm face, which is a weird sensation to you as you're normally cold. You walked down on the path to the forest. It was dark by now, the sky was pitch black making the stars shine bright. The only noises to be heard were the sounds of animals, scurrying around you. Water from a stream that you could only hear and not see. Leaves rustling in the trees as a light breeze brushes against them.

You loved coming down here at night, it was your favourite place in Hogwarts. However you'd usually come here in another form- your animagus form, a fox. You have been an animagus since you were 14, learning about it in a lesson one time and deciding it would be fun. It took over a month for it to work, luckily you have always been good at transfiguration. When you turned into a fox everything became heightened, you could see, hear and smell things from miles away. Running through the trees at night was one of the most fun things to do. You felt alive. No-one knows that you can turn into a fox, you're supposed to be registered for being an animagus but you would rather it be kept to yourself.

You looked over at Sirius who was looking around warily, you chuckled.

"Scared Black?" you asked startling him

" Pffft, like i'm scared. Just haven't come here for a while and well i'd rather be my other self right now" He looked at you, just after realising what he had said.

"Your other self?" you inquired.

"Uh- what i meant to say was my other clothes. To be in my other clothes."

"Ah" you said sarcastically "and why exactly would you want to be in your other clothes?" looking at him dead in the eye, making him squirm under your gaze.

" Because it's actually quite chilly and i don't want to catch a cold"

" You don't want to catch a cold, in September" you said still not believing him

"Yes, colds are actually a lot more common in summer than you'd think" he laughed it off scratching the back of his neck.

"Really" You were using sarcasm in practically every sentence

" You don't believe me do you?". You shook your head, with a small smile on your face. He sighed

"I can't believe i'm about to show you this"he sighed again, shaking his head chuckling- letting go of your hand and standing in front of you."Basically i can turn into a dog" He said, right before quickly morphing into a big, coal black, German Shepard. You didn't know what to say, you had no idea that he was an animagus too. Making sure you didn't show too much emotion, you remained calm and kept an unbothered look.

He transformed back into his usual self, smirking. He'd never shown this to anyone, other then the marauders of course. What am i even doing? When the others find out they're going to kill me. He half expected you to either be falling at his feet or, even just a little bit impressed. You were neither.

"Wait, you don't even look surprised" he said crossing his arms, clearly annoyed you weren't falling at his heels.

"Was i supposed to be impressed?"

" Well... Yeah" he said scratching the back of his neck.

"Okay now let me show you something" you said before transforming into your fox form, waiting a few seconds before turning back into your normal self. Sirius was stood there with yet another grin on his face.