Chapter 149

Chapter 149 - They finally got rid of the pair of wild mandarin ducks (2)

"You haven't been over for a few days. Both Shanshan and Little Yuran miss you a lot."

Meng Shanshan had asked about Uncle Lu several times already. As for Meng Yuran... He has probably reached his rebellious stage?

Lu Xun raised his brows. "You said that Little Yuran misses me?"

That was impossible!

Lin Yiyi thought about it for a little bit. Every time she brought up Lu Xun, he looked unhappy; now that Lu Xun has stopped coming over, his mood seemed to be even worse... So, most likely yes?

Lu Xun could see the look on that little wolf pup in his head right now... Meng Yuran was much cuter than his own nephew! If it was up to him, he would swap his nephew for Meng Yuran!

"I'll take you back now. I can even go pay a visit to the two of them."

He started the car and maintained the speed of 20 – 30 yards per hour. He even had the hazard lights on, as though that would somehow provide an added level of safety to them.

Lin Yiyi wasn't sure whether that was safe or not, but they picked up another couple on their way down.

It was obviously another pair of wild mandarin ducks that were caught in the rain! (T/N: Mandarin ducks are traditionally used to describe couples. Wild mandarin ducks – unmarried couples.)

Lu Xun, being stopped by them, kindly agreed to help them out.

Seeing that the pair of wild mandarin ducks were about to get into the car, Lin Yiyi quickly pulled out a facial mask and applied it on herself.

She was, after all, a somewhat well-known person. She couldn't afford to be recognized while being in the mountain alone with another man... She didn't want to be looked at as a wild mandarin duck, alright?

After she had applied the mask, nobody would be able to recognize her and she would be safe.

Lu Xun looked over at her, stunned. "You have facial masks with you at all times?"

"Not usually. My original thought is to apply it for stress relief when I take a break in the office. That way I won't have to waste any time."

Work at your place was sure cozy!

When the pair of wild mandarin ducks spotted the man and woman in the car, they had a bright smile immediately.

"Big brother, this car is pretty nice. It is raining so hard that I didn't even see what model it is." The young man was quite talkative.

Lu Xun smiled and didn't tell him that it was a Rolls Royce.

The other girl started to complain. "We had planned on camping and watching the sunrise. Who knew there would be a typhoon? The weather was so nice when we left this morning."

Lu Xun could totally relate to that. Hearing that, he nodded in agreement.

On their way, Lin Yiyi answered a call. It was from Meng Yuran.

"I am already on my way back. Do you want to go to bed first?" Lin Yiyi talked to him for a little while and let him be. "That works too. You can wait for me to get home first, and then we can have after-dinner snacks together."

After she had hung up the phone, the girl asked with curiosity, "Old sister, how many kids do you have?"

Lin Yiyi casted her a look through the rearview mirror.

Old sister my @$$. Your whole family are "old sisters!"

If she hadn't transmigrated, she may be the younger one here!

That being said, she was still quite complacent about her two kids at home. "Two. My older son is 13 and my young one is a girl. She's only 6."

A son and a daughter. That's what you'd call a winner in life, alright? Lin Yiyi thrusted out her chest in pride.

Sure enough, the girl's eyes widened in disbelief. "You two look like such a young couple. I can't believe you have kids that old already!"

Lin Yiyi went quiet all of a sudden.

Lu Xun coughed gently and said, "We are not a couple."

And now, not just the girl, even the boy next to her gave him a very respectful look.

Lin Yiyi and Lu Xun, "......"

They felt that those were some very loaded looks!

Hey, what did you guys think was going on here?

"Truth is, I have divorced my ex-husband." Lin Yiyi explained.

She felt that she was so angry that even the facial mask on her face wouldn't hold for much longer!

Then, the girl and the boy looked at them with a different kind of respect.

Lin Yiyi, "....."

Never mind. She was done talking.

Lu Xun busted out laughing all of a sudden.

As soon as they reached a point out of the mountain that was easy to find a ride, they finally got rid of the pair of wild mandarin ducks.