Chapter 158

Chapter 158 - It was quite scary with the place being pitch black... (2)

He then added quickly, "Don't worry. I've checked the weather report this time... We are not going to have dinner in the mountains either."

His heart still ached when he recalled the scary dinner on the rainy night two days ago.

Lin Yiyi also recalled the night when they went into the mountains to have dinner on a typhoon night and started giggling.

When she was done laughing, she put on a straight face and shook her head, "No, not tonight."

"Why not?" Boss Lu was surprised.

Lin Yiyi glanced over at him and said, "I'm very busy and have no free time recently. How about next time?"

"Oh, okay..."

Lu Xun went silent for a little bit before he said with resignation, "Then I'll have no choice but shamelessly invite myself to your place then."

That was indeed quite shameless!

Lin Yiyi gave him an unhappy sideway glance and said, "You are not allowed to come either!"

"Why not?"

"No reason!"

"......"

Lu Xun felt very unjust deep down inside.

He kept on turning around on his way out as though he was waiting for Lin Yiyi to change her mind...

Naturally that did not happen.

Many of the employees got wind that the big boss of Shengshi was visiting Xinri.

And, this was not this diamond bachelor's first visit either.

Many employees had already started speculating the relationship between the two bosses. It was then when they saw Boss Lu being kicked out along with that longing look on this face.

Even his lonesome body from the back looked so pitiful.

Lin Yiyi didn't particularly feel a sense of accomplishment after she had chased away the original male lead's uncle.

There was an inexplicable unpleasant feeling in her heart. She must focus on work in order to get rid of that feeling!

She had finally refocused on her work when she was interrupted by a call from Ms. Lin Ping.

On the other end of the phone, there was Ms. Lin Ping's familiar voice in mezzo soprano. "Yiyi, are you busy right now?"

Not knowing what the empress has in mind, the only thing Lin Yiyi could say was, "Alright, not too bad."

"Good then. My friend gave me a couple movie tickets and I've already asked out the Lu guy... ahem, Xiao Lu for you. I've already sent the tickets over to him. He said he'll have delivery service bring it over to you."

Finally, before she hung up, she added in very solemn words, "Do not let them go to waste!"

Lin Yiyi, "......"

This old lady was so modern. She has even learned how to use the delivery service?!

Sure enough, she received a delivery a few minutes later. It was an envelope along with a bundle of roses.

Ninety-nine bright red roses caught almost everyone's attention the moment it appeared at the front of the office.

When Lin Yiyi saw the excitement on her assistant when she handed her the flowers and her blatant desire to gossip, she fell silent immediately...

This did not look like the work of Lu Xun.

She opened up the envelope. Sure enough, there was a movie ticket inside of it.

It was for 5 PM that afternoon.

That was kind of an awkward time, but the movie would be over by 6:30, perfect time for dinner...

Ms. Lin Ping had it all thought out!

"Boss, don't worry, you should go. We still have Manager Tao here..."

The little assistant was so happy for her boss's second spring that she didn't notice that her words could be interpreted in very damaging ways for those who tend to overthink.

Naturally, like boss like employees.

Lin Yiyi, whose brain was no bigger than the size of a walnut just like that of her assistant, didn't even give that a second thought.

Annoyed, she gave the little assistant a glance and said, "Go. Leave. You are annoying me."

The little assistant wasn't intimidated at all. She disappeared right away as she giggled.

The timing of the arrival of the movie ticket allowed for no time to spare at all!

If she left for the theater now, she might be able to make part of the opening scene.

She toyed with the movie ticket in her hand back and forth...

She didn't want to go; it was Ms. Lin Ping who "forced" her to go!

Yeah! That was exactly it!

Having convinced herself, Lin Yiyi left in her Bentley.

Luckily, traffic wasn't bad at this hour. When she arrived at the movie theater, it was only 10 past 5.

A theater on a weekday was normally empty, let alone at this hour.

Very few people even walked over in the theater's direction, and there wasn't even anyone at the front window.

She handed over her ticket and walked toward the cinema.

Standing outside of the cinema, there was a pitiful looking body leaning up against the door.

Lin Yiyi could see him from afar...

Lu Xun had on a pleasantly surprised look when he saw her. "I didn't think you'd come."

"I didn't want to."

Who gave you the permission to reach out to Ms. Lin Ping behind my back?

She mocked him openly, "I see you've learned to solicit help from others."

Lu Xun didn't contradict her. Smiling, he said, "Desperate time calls for desperate measures."

"It wasn't a compliment."

Irritated, Lin Yiyi asked, "Why didn't you go inside?"

Lu Xun didn't answer her question but looked away weakly.

The two of them walked inside of the cinema.

They were the only ones in the entire room...

And Lin Yiyi finally figured out why Lu Xun wouldn't go inside by himself. It was quite scary with the place being pitch black...

Especially when it was playing a horror movie!